Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sold WANTED: 996 (and 997?) Coupe Subwoofer

Status of item for sale, now as sold
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mallone

Silverstone
As per title, looking for a 996 coupe Bose subwoofer box. (Does the 997 one fit a 996 too?)

Ideally with black carpet, but not a deal breaker, and not too fussed about condition. Planning on ripping its guts out anyway, so no issue if yours is blown/not working etc.

Cheers!

Giving this a bump in case anyone has one of these stored in the garage/loft and wants to get rid of it :)

would not think 996 v 997 is much different

May I ask what you're planning to do to the insides?

Ultimately looking to add some more bass to my super basic dash and rear quarter speaker setup. Speakers themselves have been replaced with Alpine units, and the whole lot is powered by a small Vibe Powerbox amplifier. It's LOADS better than it was before, but more bass wouldn't go a miss. I quite fancied doing something that was OEM looking so wanted to get the proper Porsche one.

If I'd picked up a 996 woofer then the plan was to replace the Bose units with something else and power it with another small sub amp.

In the end I managed to pick up a 997 unit last week (they feature their own amplifier built in) so I just need to get the low level line out for the sub sorted from the Becker head unit and then wire it in. Nice little project.

If anyone else is looking for one of these then I'd suggest messaging Tim_s as he got in touch to say he had one spare, but I'd already grabbed mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kashmir
Back