Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wanted Wanted: 911SC Targa or coupe

For classified adverts, seeking cars, parts and products.

elan

Monza
Fancy an air cooled 911 in Targa or coupe guise. Due to my plans for the car, I would consider a car requiring work/project but it needs to be useable. Is a budget of around £35k reasonable?

If you are thinking of selling or know of one for sale then please let me know. TIA

A 204HP SC is my pick of the IB cars..Lovely revvy motor with its simple Bosch injection and reliable if fitted with carrera chain tensioners...
I miss my G.R sport GBG 590Y.

I paid 9k in 1995 for it and sold it in 1996 for 11

Good luck with your search.

Thanks guys, I prefer the targa for a change. I will bid on the silver car although I want to get a better base to work with. Ideally something I can use whilst improving the car.

I suspect it may be best to consider the realities of buying an OLD sports car in terms of imagined rectification costs relating to corrosion, oil leaks, equipment`s functional operation, EFI spares etc. before you get round to thoughts on what you might like to do to personalise or upgrade an older Porsche. Of course with no financial concerns, almost anything is possible. I enjoyed two different G series 911`s over quite a few years.

There is some info on Targa issues in this PCA vid that might be thought helpful all be it on 964 in this vid at 20:24 mins in.

Good luck in your search.

911uk.com - Porsche Forum : View topic - PCA 964 comparisons vid

https://youtu.be/UmN6M46BbaU

Elan, circa three years ago I had thought to return to air-cooled Porsche ownership thinking to buy in at £30-35K for a MOT` able 911 3.2-/964/993, it did not take too long to realise that I would need to up my budget even for something really rough... Buying into an old Porsche is a risky business, less so if you can do ALL the work it needs yourself... I have an acquaintance with a early 911 which has very low mileage and logically does see much if any use... Apparently he is looking at a possible bill of £20k to have hardened oil seals replaced...!

Attachments

• img_5896_139.jpg
    img_5896_139.jpg
    349.9 KB · Views: 1,104
  • 4adb758e_6a90_4bb6_9d32_40f3aef557c0_929.jpg
    4adb758e_6a90_4bb6_9d32_40f3aef557c0_929.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 1,104
39k is almost twice the budget you indicated in your last...! Indicated mileage can be some way short from the reality in old Porsches, though that you seem to have access to facilities and may be handy with spanners makes a world of difference to your possibilities. The Porsche market (at the moment) is full of folk who value air cooled at a tad more than do you..? But that can all change given the state of the economy, those with investment priorities may start bailing out any time soon, leaving only the enthusiasts to determine market values in time.. :?:

I would much prefer the more expensive car, which is ready to use.

It's easy to fall for a project, which can end up being expensive.

If you have patience and handy with the spanner then a car needing work may be more rewarding?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back