Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

upgrading the bulbs on my litronic headlamps ?

The retrofit lab projectors were a legitimate upgrade, particularly as they also effectively convert you to Bi-Xenon i.e. the HID light is used for both low and now high thanks to a shutter system... only issue I had with retrofit was the mounting alignment brackets, which were miles off(!) I ended up having to cut and modify them myself in a heath-robinson fashion :( Assuming retrofit lab have addressed that I would definitely go that route in addition to upgrading bulbs
I guess this is an item that has been addressed as mine went in last May(2023) without any issues whatsoever

Had an MOT last week and my car passed with flying colours, phew! Anyway, as I left one of the sidelight bulbs flickered, and they pointed it out to me.

So I ordered a pair of these....

OMG! They are brilliant, it makes the front end look so much cleaner than the usual dim yellow bulb, it gives you a nice clean, usable daytime running light.

I will try and get some pics.

Last edited:
Was just about to post a thread on this with some questions and came across this.

I've a 996 turbo, which I believe come standard with Litronics (xenons).

I've ordered and received my Retrolabs reflector upgrades. Thought I got a touch on these until I got the bill for the import tax.

Now I want to order new bulbs for the complete headlight units for when I swap the projectors over. I'm keen to switch to LEDs where I can.

So from what I can figure, the go to option for the dipped beams are the Osram Xenarc night breaker Gen 2s:

Has anyone swapped out / upgraded the rest of the bulbs in the headlight unit with LEDs in a colour to match the Osrams? If so, would you mind pointing me to what else I need?

I want to freshen up the front of the car, but I don't want it looking like I've just been to Halfords... I'm looking for an OEM+ upgrade.

Now I want to order new bulbs for the complete headlight units for when I swap the projectors over. I'm keen to switch to LEDs where I can.

Has anyone swapped out / upgraded the rest of the bulbs in the headlight unit with LEDs in a colour to match the Osrams? If so, would you mind pointing me to what else I need?

I want to freshen up the front of the car, but I don't want it looking like I've just been to Halfords... I'm looking for an OEM+ upgrade.

I posted the link above for the side lights.

The projectors you have will use the Xenon for both dipped and full beam, the only time you will really see the high beam on its own is when you flash someone.

You could put an H7 LED in there too, but I would try a standard bulb first and see what you think, the xenon is so bright that you probably won't notice a slight change in colour from the H7.

I posted the link above for the side lights.

The projectors you have will use the Xenon for both dipped and full beam, the only time you will really see the high beam on its own is when you flash someone.

You could put an H7 LED in there too, but I would try a standard bulb first and see what you think, the xenon is so bright that you probably won't notice a slight change in colour from the H7.
And what dipped beam bulbs have you paired with the sidelights you’ve linked? Do the colours all match?

I've ordered and received my Retrolabs reflector upgrades. Thought I got a touch on these until I got the bill for the import tax.
Can you elaborate on how much this cost please?

I used Osram Nightbreaker 200's H7s for the full beams, I have used them a few times and they are pretty good.

LED sides? No, can't see the point. They flash and look orange when they flash, what would it achieve?
They flash? Are you thinking about the indicator / repeater bulbs?

I’m referring to the sidelights you installed following your MOT and posted a link to above.
Are they a good colour match to the Osram Xenarc Nightbreakers?

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
e46m3
Back