Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Upgrades

I have only had mine since November 19 it had bilstein coilovers, Orem gt2 wheels and different exhaust don't know the make? I have replaced the wastegates with turbosmart, gt2 RS intercoolers, Sachs 890nm clutch, slave and sphere with 4 wheel alignment... Markski remap!!

Jimbob2911 said:
Thanks guys. Everything on hold as no one to do the work

I don't know where you are based, but if you drop the car off, Matt at Fearnsport at Silverstone is still working.

MC

MisterCorn said:
Jimbob2911 said:
Thanks guys. Everything on hold as no one to do the work

I don't know where you are based, but if you drop the car off, Matt at Fearnsport at Silverstone is still working.

MC

Matt at Fearnsport is worth travelling to. He built my car and is the best of best. He's basically locked himself in his garage so he can continue doing his thing during this crappy time.

^^^

Without wanting to sound like 'one of those types" I doubt it comes under essential travel to get the car there though.

Mine and my mates cars were booked in with our Indy last week and this week respectively. My Indy is a one man band so still working, however he's 50 miles away from us and I think if we got pulled travelling back, 2 in one car after dropping one off, we'd probably be in a spot of bother.

Of course what all this means is when things open up again the Indy's are gonna be chocka and fully booked. :frustrated:

The exhaust headers and 100cel Cats, all Kline have been fitted. Great quality, everything fitted well. Sounds a lot throatier with a good shout higher up in the Rev range. Seems quite a bit freer in reving, accelerating. Could be me thinking that due to the noise but certainly seems a bit brighter.
Next to decide on tuning....

Markski is no Facebook internet hero, he's very well regarded and will go the extra mile, cutting out the BS. He's helped plenty of guys in the UK and his contribution online over the years from 6speed to Facebook is exemplary. You don't go far wrong by giving him a call.

My car is at Fearnsport, Matt is a seriously talented engineer and will save you a few quid doing it right first time. I only wish I went to him sooner. Nothing is too much trouble for Matt, the first day I went down there he just told me to bring all my stuff down and he'd sort it out, which he did. The standard of his work is incredible.

Ken also knows his onions, if I was living closer to 9e I'd probably have ended up there.

If you're just doing bolt ons and a tune, call markski. That's pretty much his bread and butter and despite him being across the pond, his support is top notch. He seems to make a lot of money putting right bad maps.

Can't believe how long it's been looking back at post . The world of COVID meant had head down doing other stuff.
Upgraded diverter valves fitted , added the catless Kline rather than the 100cel.
Tuning ordered from markski with leak kit so hopefully that will arrive next week and can make the next move.
I have to say he is spot on with customer. Before I have spent a penny many questions asked. I have emailed a couple of known UK companies with no response so went with markski as he responds with detail every time.

Another shout out for Markski here.

Matt at FS is first class for any mechanical work, the best hands down. I have to say though, I don't think Adam his tuner is. I personally think he's board with it all.

I ended up replacing my FS map with a Markski map (in fact many as my car has evolved) nothing is ever to much trouble and the speed of response is outstanding, he is blunt though which I prefer if I'm honest.

Every change I make to my car, I log the data with Durametric send to him, almost instantly a new map is emailed for me to load.

When I compare the data down loaded to my original FS map I can see for myself why Markski was so concerned with how lean the car was. If you're happy to do some work yourself or can work with a spanner man that can, there really is no better person, in my experience, than Markski.

In closing a further shout out for Matt's mechanical ability and for the pride in what he does, he really is the very best at that👍

Darren.

So far I have to say he has been spot on. I have discussed quite a lot via email before spending any money and he has been really helpful. He didn't need to be . I have now given him my cash so hopefully he will continue to delight.
What upgrades have you done to your car

Jimbob2911 said:
So far I have to say he has been spot on. I have discussed quite a lot via email before spending any money and he has been really helpful. He didn't need to be . I have now given him my cash so hopefully he will continue to delight.

He's been spot on with me both before and after payment.

Mines got k16/26 (soon to be billet) turbos. 750cc injectors, turbosmart actuators, GT2rs inter coolers, milltek 200cel exhaust and flexible inlet pipe work pre turbo to overcome the standard restrictive stuff. It also has water meth injection for the hot summers days. It's not tuned for it and I switch it on only when ambient temps are above 20. Just a bit of top end protection as there's nothing worse for killing power than heat in these cars. The mixture is really low on a percentage basis as I'm not looking at adding fuel just temp control. The small amount of meth stops the algae forming in the reservoir.

All the hardware to support it including brakes and suspension upgrades too.

Runs a steady 1.35bar on data logging it with only 4 degrees temp inc from cruising to a full boost pull.

Good luck with everything and give me a shout if you need a hand.

Darren

Jimbob2911 said:

I've never spent cash with Markski, but I've followed his advice online for years and he's always been extremely helpful to people, no doubt he's talked you through boost leak checking, it always surprises me, just how prone to boost leaks these cars are and his methods for checking are very simple, which just sums up his back to basics, no BS approach.

Jimbob2911 said:

I've never spent cash with Markski, but I've followed his advice online for years and he's always been extremely helpful to people, no doubt he's talked you through boost leak checking, it always surprises me, just how prone to boost leaks these cars are and his methods for checking are very simple, which just sums up his back to basics, no BS approach.

Sim 996 I've seen you posting on upgrade power threads for years. I think before maybe I even took the plunge sent my car to 9e back in late 2014/15 seems a lifetime ago? I trust your own forged build up and running? Would love to see a build thread :drive:

IMI A said:
Sim 996 I've seen you posting on upgrade power threads for years. I think before maybe I even took the plunge sent my car to 9e back in late 2014/15 seems a lifetime ago? I trust your own forged build up and running? Would love to see a build thread :drive:

There is a build thread! Still with Matt, I've always told him to keep it slow, Im in no rush as I'm always out the UK working, I like going down to visit anyway :) just needs fuel system and intakes, should have some updates soon.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back