Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tyres

Fac51

Hi newbie looking for a little advice...

I'm in the process of changing my 19" 5 spoke carrera alloys to 18's, same style OEM wheel. The tyres on the 19's are Potenza's but are perished so I need fresh rubber anyway for the following;

8J/50
10J/65

225/40/18 Y
285/35/18 Y

I would like Michelin PS4 but can only find those for the fronts and PS2/3 or Supersports for the rears. Only the PS2 show as being N rated?

Is it ok to mix across the axles and I can't seem to see if these are N rated.

The alternative are Pirelli P Zero Rosso which are N4 and available in both sizes.

Thanks in advance...

Different makes of tyre on different axles is not ideal but perfectly ok. If you need 4 I'd go for 4 the same.

Most would recommended Michelin over PZ.

PS4 have a good reputation but aren't widely available with N rating but this isn't an issue. PS2s are excellent too.

Costco offer some great deals on Michelin's and based on the two sets I have bought there, they are weeks old, not months or years like some can be. Fitting is slow and pick your day/time for fitting.

I'd put 295/30 18 on the rear. Look far cooler, better rear end grip and protect your rims more.

You can't get PS4 in our sizes, it's actually PS4S you want.

PS2 are still good tyres.

Also available are R888 or Cup2 for more track/summer orientated. I think A052 are available too and maybe kumho ecsta, they seem to do a lot of obscure sizes for ultimas etc, I ran them on a track car once and they were great

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcox42
Back