Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tyre size advice please

Falken Azenis FK510 all round. Cheap and stick like glue.

I'm running 295 wide FK510 on the rear and I'm also very happy with them.

When i fitted M030 and Conti SC2 in 295 I had body tyre contact with 15mm wheel spacers i needed to roll the arches, without the spacers you'll have plenty of room.

911munKy said:
I'm running 295 wide FK510 on the rear and I'm also very happy with them.

When i fitted M030 and Conti SC2 in 295 I had body tyre contact with 15mm wheel spacers i needed to roll the arches, without the spacers you'll have plenty of room.

Cheers but I should have mentioned wheels do sit wide as they are et45 on rears. Tried to upload pic but no joy.

You may have possible contact issues then as mine is at 10" ET65 with 15mm spacers so the equivalent of ET50. I also think part of my contact problem was that my car had minimal negative camber on the rear so I could have altered that before rolling the arches to see if it helped.

Mind you I bought an arch roller for about £50 and modified it to fit a 996, rolled the arches on a scorching hot day and used a heat gun and all was fine, really easy to do.

Cheers for that info, I think that is my worry as ET45 is equivalent of 20mm spacers. Good to hear rolling arches is easier than I thought though. I had an e21 323i which crumbled away when arches were rolled lol. I think i'm inclined to leave the arches as they are just now hence the 275 might be a good compromise without arches being rolled on the ET45's.

My 2 pence worth. Not sure why you have negative views of your 235 / 275 PS4 combo. Seems like a nice idea.

A 295 section tyre on a 300bhp car seems more for vanity than sanity. After all a hot hatch puts that power through a 235 section in fwd format.

The difference between 275 and 295 will be 10mm. But you're looking at a higher profile with the 275 aren't you? So whats the difference radially?

911munKy said:
Surely 20mm?

Overall yes, but the OP is concerned about clearance between tyre and wheel arch. Tyre would be 10mm per side, so 10mm at point of concern.

82DVY said:
A 295 section tyre on a 300bhp car seems more for vanity than sanity. After all a hot hatch puts that power through a 235 section in fwd format.

I think there maybe a few other things to consider. EG. Hang the engine of a front wheel drive behind the rear wheels and take all the weight out the front and see how that works for grip.

Alex said:
The difference between 275 and 295 will be 10mm. But you're looking at a higher profile with the 275 aren't you? So whats the difference radially?

https://www.tyresave.co.uk/tyre-size-calculator/

Figures from the calculator seem to suggest 235/40 and 275/35 quite a good combo with a difference in diameter of 0.78% (well within 2.5% recommended max) which is actual 5mm. Can get Michelin PS4 tyres for £510 including £60 discount for 4 purchased via Camskills. Alternatives are Falken FK510 at £557 or Dunlop Sportmaxx RT2 at £491. Tempted with the Michelins due to newer technology.

Price of those Falkens is dear. Mine come in under 500 fitted.

The local tyre place near where I work. They're a stockist for Falken and as well as balancing and fitting you get free accidental damage warranty with them:

https://www.balderstonetyres.co.uk/

Have a look on Falken's website and search for your nearest stockist:

https://www.falkentyre.com/en/service/dealer-locator

You might find the sizes you want are dearer due to being a less popular tyre. Double check the Falkens you look at are the FK510.

:thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prime007
Back