Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tuning forks

johnnym996

I've noticed a few comments about different manufacturers for coffin arms, but haven't seen much about tuning forks. Meyle tuning forks seem to be available for just over the £80 mark, around £70 (inc postage) from Spyder Performance and nearly £200 for an OEM part (although I've not really shopped around). The price's are all over the place, but what about the quality and fit?

If I can save some money and get some non-OEM parts for half the price or less and do the job just as well then fair enough. Also, I'm assuming for example that Spyder tuning fork should fit an OEM coffin arm (i.e. I wouldn't need both parts to be from the same manufacturer). I'm steering clear of any tuning forks with poly bushes though.

Any recommendations are welcome :)

I fitted Spyder parts and they have been fine so far.

Do Hartech still supply refurbished OE ones?

Robertb said:
Do Hartech still supply refurbished OE ones?

Yes, I've looked at these, which according to there site is £80 + VAT (£95 inc VAT).

I order the full set of tuning forks and coffin arms from Spyder yesterday. I had comments and posts in various places about the quality and fitment of some coffin arms so before I ordered I asked the 996 fb group if anyone had experience of the Spyder performance parts. Got zero negative comments from people and quite a few folk who'd fitted the full kit with no fitment issues or complaints about quality during or after fitting.

If you want to know how they look and feel in terms of quality I should have them in my hands early next week.

I bought arms and forks from Spyder to replace the front components when my steering rack was being refurbed. My Indy didn't have a problem fitting them, nor was there any problem getting the wheel alignment in spec.

I have to say the difference in front suspension and steering feel is night and day. The arms in particular seem to be a service item, so will be doing the rears next year. I did consider the polybushed options, but having gone for the normal ones i am not disappointed - it's not meant to be a racing car.

UncleP said:
I order the full set of tuning forks and coffin arms from Spyder yesterday. I had comments and posts in various places about the quality and fitment of some coffin arms so before I ordered I asked the 996 fb group if anyone had experience of the Spyder performance parts. Got zero negative comments from people and quite a few folk who'd fitted the full kit with no fitment issues or complaints about quality during or after fitting.

If you want to know how they look and feel in terms of quality I should have them in my hands early next week.

Yes, it would be good to know how you get on. Did you go poly bushes on the coffin arms?

I used Spyder coffin arms as well as their tuning forks. All fine and they got the thumbs up from CG who fitted them.

I didn't use poly bushes, I decided that rubber was fine and if poly was really so much better, Porsche would probably fit it from new! Ok on the track as a halfway house to rose joints but not really for road use?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kashmir
Back