Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Trolley Jacks - What are you using?

M1ke

Interested to know if you have any recommendations for trolley jacks? I have a low profile one but the 996 jacking points seem quite far inboard and it struggles to reach.

What are you using?

TIA :)

I have a cheapo Halfords one from the 90s. Does the job perfect. How do you mean the 996 Jacking points are quite far inward?

If I was to replace it, I'd buy something like this for £50:

https://www.halfords.com/tools/gara...ow-profile-hydraulic-trolley-jack-657099.html

They're on the edge of the sills where the axle stands are here:

pic03.jpg

How come there's no love for electric jacks? I never see anything about them. They look like a really easy way to get the car up onto jack stands, but no one seems to use them. Did I miss the memo
:?:

Roro said:
How come there's no love for electric jacks? I never see anything about them. They look like a really easy way to get the car up onto jack stands, but no one seems to use them. Did I miss the memo
:?:

Maybe as a back up to change a tyre or two at the roadside or at home..As a piece of kit it's not really going to stand up to much serious use.

Obviously depends on intended useage but there's a reason you don't see the these in professional situations.

A hydraulic Trolley Jack is far more robust and versatile than one of these.

I have a generic version of the sg model.

I bought it 15 years ago and it was a disaster. It used to collapse. I think it was something to do with an air lock.

I have a very sturdy low entry jack but the lable came off years ago but if buying a jack it is important (to me) that the cap can be removed to enable a transmission jack adaptor to be fitted.

This has caused me a spot of grief as the hole is 25mm and the TJA's for sale on ebay at about £38-55 need a 30mm hole.

I would also say that my SG type jack does not have a removable cap.

If i can remember the brand/model of my jack i will post it later.

I have an SGS low profile 2.5 tonne trolley jack. Bought for me as a present many years ago. Been great!

I also have a SGS 2.5T low profile trolley jack. Fits and works well (with rubber insert) on my lowered 996.1 (with side skirts).

I'd also very much recommend getting QuickJacks. They feel much safer when you are completely under the car and easier all round access to things. Obviously dear though at £1000ish!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prime007
Back