Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Triple issue - speedo, spoiler & abs/abd

JMH

Trainee
Three issues all seemed to develop with my C4 at the same time and I wondered if they could be connected somehow:

The speedo seems to function intermittently, either completely dead with the needle on "0" but from time to time springs back to life but then dies again. It was sent away for a repair by Porche Torque at the last service to fix the odometer, but that was last September and has worked perfectly until now.

the spoiler operation is also intermittent, it was stuck in in the up position for a bit (not responding to the switch either) then stuck down, but at times seems to work normally (both with the switch and automatically). I assume it's linked to the speedo issue, but the two faults not don't always seem to happen at the same time!

I have both abs and abd lights now showing. Maybe this is just a coincidence?

I have checked the fuzes but just wondered if anyone had experienced anything similar or if there is anything else obvious I should check.

Thank you

Johnny

They are definitely all connected by the requirement for a speed sensor.

The ABS sensor is the speeds sensor, so get that fixed and hopefully the rest will follow.

Near side front (and offside rear)

Thanks Gt4, hopefully it's nothing to complicated!

Hi

Yes, agree will be a speed sensor. They can be total and utter bar stewards to remove if they are the original steel bodied ones. They corrode in the holes. And the retaining bolts can easily shear. The new ones are plastic bodied.

If you can find someone to do the job at a reasonable price then I would get them to do it.

All the best

Berni

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcox42
Back