Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Throttle pedal creaking. Help please.

T8

Super Moderator
Yesterday whilst cruising at a steady speed I noticed an annoying creaking noise which I initially thought was the springs in the drivers seat telling me to lose some weight.

After shifting my body around to see if that would stop it I realised that the creaking only happened when my foot was on the right pedal. If I lift and coast it stops, as soon as I touch the throttle pedal it starts.

Thoughts please.

Off-gas can be the ARB bushes, and a thousand other things. On-gas might be the plastic bushes in the pedal assembly. Have you tried the age-old WD40 fix? Other manufacturers are available.

Otherwise, have you tried the throttle reset? I seem to remember reading it on another forum, pssoibly Rennlist. Found it:

Turn ignition to on (not start) for 60 seconds then off for 5 seconds then back on for 15 seconds. If you have the engine lid open you can hear the throttle readjusting.

Thanks. It does seem to be coming from the pedal itself.

The front control arms were replaced recently and full GEO set up was done so I'd be annoyed if it was suspension related.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SpkM3
Back