Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Thought I better say hello!

Bobley

Evening all. Long time Porsche fan here but never had the "family sign off" ... I nearly bought a 993 9 years ago but my wife at the time preferred the Audi R8 and there was a connection as I work for a former Audi subsidiary... (Mahle Powertrain). Sadly, shortly after buying the Audi I lost the wife to cancer and the Audi had to go in the process but the world kept turning and I found myself back in an Audi which I still have.... Meanwhile I met someone new and she's a bit of a Petrolhead. We went to Oktoberfest at Bicester 2 years ago and on the way she said she'd love some sort of toy again (she's had an MR2, MGF, 500 Abarth over the years) and I assumed she meant something small and curious... I dont know why I had a Honda Beat in my head??

Soon after, she moved in with me and used the sale of her home to make a few investments... one of which is a 1995 C4 Coupe. I just tinker with it finding slightly less than perfect things and replacing them. Its got Bilstein coilovers on and it goes really well on the back roads which is so much nicer than the Audi. It just the off buzz from the gearlever and the indicators flash at random once or twice a day so I think I'll be looking at the security module soon... much forum searching going on... The old H&P alarm and stabby dongle immobiliser will have to go too....

Anyway, I hope I can can as much as I take from here!

Cheers Bob (and Niki)

1701890700029.png

That look's fantastic,the paint is stunning. Everyone to their own but personally I would do without the rear spoiler!

Subtle... as a brick through a....🤣🤣🤣

I bought a complete lid in OG paint with all the correct badges and a new spoiler.
20231207_182216.jpg

Polar Silver. The best silver. End of.

Does it have an aftermarket gear knob? The original factory fit gear knob has a rubber vibration isolator in it to stop the buzz.

PP

Looks very nice. I'm somewhat partial to Polar Silver myself.
Great decision with the replacement deck lid. (y)

Welcome on board, the car looks stunning. Removing the rear spoiler will only make it look even better.

Where about are you based ?

Evening all. Long time Porsche fan here but never had the "family sign off" ... I nearly bought a 993 9 years ago but my wife at the time preferred the Audi R8 and there was a connection as I work for a former Audi subsidiary... (Mahle Powertrain). Sadly, shortly after buying the Audi I lost the wife to cancer and the Audi had to go in the process but the world kept turning and I found myself back in an Audi which I still have.... Meanwhile I met someone new and she's a bit of a Petrolhead. We went to Oktoberfest at Bicester 2 years ago and on the way she said she'd love some sort of toy again (she's had an MR2, MGF, 500 Abarth over the years) and I assumed she meant something small and curious... I dont know why I had a Honda Beat in my head??

Soon after, she moved in with me and used the sale of her home to make a few investments... one of which is a 1995 C4 Coupe. I just tinker with it finding slightly less than perfect things and replacing them. Its got Bilstein coilovers on and it goes really well on the back roads which is so much nicer than the Audi. It just the off buzz from the gearlever and the indicators flash at random once or twice a day so I think I'll be looking at the security module soon... much forum searching going on... The old H&P alarm and stabby dongle immobiliser will have to go too....

Anyway, I hope I can can as much as I take from here!

Cheers Bob (and Niki)

View attachment 94990
Welcome on board, and a lovely looking car - reminds me a lot of mine!
As others have said, the Aero II rear spoiler does need to go, but you’ve got that ion hand.
Like yours, I originally had clear lenses, but swapped to the original ambers a few years back.
Here’s the comparison…..
IMG_0068_Original.jpeg

Don't forget Polar silver cars are built like tanks!

Attachments

• DSC_0431.JPG
    DSC_0431.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 17
Welcome on board, the car looks stunning. Removing the rear spoiler will only make it look even better.

Where about are you based ?
We live a couple of miles away from Silverstone. I dreamt about sports cars from the day I knew what cars were and back in 1999 I was lucky enough to get offered a job at Cosworth Technology ( nee Cosworth Engineering, now known as Mahle Powertrain ) and we moved a stone's throw from the track... but the only time I really go there is on my gravel bike🤣.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back