Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The safe bets...

billyb

Five years ago I was within a whisker of buying a LHD 964 RS for an agreed price of £21k until the buyer pulled out (after I had paid for two PPI etc etc). Needless to say, I was annoyed at the time and, given that you can't get a 964 RS for less than £35k now, I am still annoyed about it to this day.

Bizarrely, given the economy, I am going to have a bit of cash free soon and am thinking again about getting a 911 - partly as a weekend toy and partly as a 2nd (actually 3rd) car for the odd bit of day-to-day driving.

What is the current consensus as to which models are going to be decent "investments" (and by that I mean going to hold their value or there abouts - I am not looking to be clever and make money) over the next couple of years? I am looking at no more than £25k.

I have a soft spot for the older models so although a reasonable 993 would be a good choice I am toying with finding/waiting for a Carrera 3.2 Clubsport (I have seen the one on Pistonheads).

Thoughts?

Would have to say that £25k spent on a 964 3.3 turbo is pretty safe money, but then again I`m biased.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kashmir
Back