Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The Polar Crash Express

Status
Not open for further replies.
964RS said:
Very nice...almost wish I'd bought those wheels now...they were only a few miles from me :roll:

Is that it now or do you have more mods planned?

They were absolutely mint and still boxed! The stainless rims also seem dead easy to clean and keep shiny - not so sure about the centres though!

The only mechanical thing I haven't done yet is the Cup gearing. I ummed and arred about this when everything was out a couple weeks ago, but then I thought about some of my favourite tracks (Brands, Oulton) and remembered that the standard gearing allows you to hold gear through some of the trickier corners without having to shift up/down just as you really want to maintain stability. Besides, she's plenty quick enough as she is... if I get used to her acceleration, I may swap over to the gearing next... and it's nice to keep something in the bag for next time... :)

You're so right but changing from 3rd to 4th on the middle of Clarke Curve is one of those seminal moments when you finally trust the instructor and change gear mid-corner praying that the forces of nature won't spit you out the side and into the barrier.

PolarExpress said:
P1030640.jpg

Just confirming all those Mk2 parts he's secretly stuck on the car 8)

Surely the history for Porsche building proper road going track cars is...

2.7RS, 964RS, 993RS, GT3 MK1, 996GT3RS, 997GT3RS

the others don't really count...carrera club sports, 997 GT3s, robot built mk2's etc etc :wink:

PolarExpress said:
:lol: :lol:

Mk1s rule :wink:

How the hell can you say that...you've no Mk1 parts left.... :lol:

So Poo said:
PolarExpress said:
:lol: :lol:

Mk1s ruled :wink:

Very true - back in the day, they were good! :lol:

I guess the same could be said for the Mk2! :wink::lol:

Rob J said:
How the hell can you say that...you've no Mk1 parts left.... :lol:

Only my rear boot lid is a Mk2 - everything else (incl the tea tray) is Manthey! :wink:

964RS said:
Surely the history for Porsche building proper road going track cars is...

2.7RS, 964RS, 993RS, GT3 MK1, 996GT3RS, 997GT3RS

the others don't really count...carrera club sports, 997 GT3s, robot built mk2's etc etc :wink:

SPOT ON! :wink: :twisted:

G of Elite Detailing gave his magic Zymol Royale treatment to the PolarExpress yesterday... I think the results speak for themselves!

Have also decided that the wheels are going to change...

P1030824.jpg

P1030800.jpg

P1030791.jpg

P1030806.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
concept303