Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The 911 Turbo detailed

Jethro

Spa-Francorchamps
I got this at the end of June and I'm only getting round to putting up a thread about it now.
Over all the car has been remarkably well looked after, it has spent the last few years parked underneath trees and accumulated a lot of debris.

Calipers will be stripped and repainted soon

DSCF3632.jpg

DSCF3634.jpg

DSCF3636.jpg

DSCF3639.jpg

Rusty nuts were eventually removed and painted with Hammerite.

DSCF3641.jpg

Car was washed with AutoBrite cherry snowfoam in the foam lance on a Karcher pressure washer.
Arches cleaned with G101 and dirt blaster nozzle
Megs Hyperwash and 2 bucket method with lambswool mitts.
Rims cleaned with Ironcleanse and AS Smartwheels, again they were not very dirty and were not removed
Door shuts de-greased with Tardis and then G101.
All trim lines, window rubbers, petrol cap, all panel gaps, bumper edges etc were all sprayed and brushed to remove any ingrained dirt, then all hosed off.
Detarred with Tardis .
Iron Cleanse from Orchard Auto Care was applied and any iron/brake deposits turned purple and started to dissolve, they were then hosed off.
Finally clayed with Bilt Hamber Auto clay, washed again and dried, then inside for inspection and a few swirl pics.

DSCF3646.jpg

DSCF3648.jpg

DSCF3649.jpg

Correction process......
Makita 9227CB polisher for paint correction
Kestrel DAS polisher for applying glaze and sealant
Menzerna Power Finish for paint correction
Menzerna Final Finish (PO85RD) for finishing
Yellow 3M pad for correction
Blue 3M pad for finishing

Small swirls and scratches on roof

DSCF3654.jpg

DSCF3656.jpg

DSCF3657.jpg

Poor 50/50 pics on rear panel

DSCF3666.jpg

DSCF3667.jpg

Scratches on rear bumper
DSCF3673.jpg

Scratches on rear spoiler

DSCF3677.jpg

After correction the paint was refined with Menzerna Final Finish on a blue 3M pad
Then taken out and washed, then dried and wiped down ready to apply the glaze.
After the glaze was buffed off some EX-P sealant was applied and allowed to cure for approx an hour.
Blue Hexlogic pad used to apply the glaze.
Black Hexlogic pad to apply sealant.
Chemical Guys EZ Creme glaze used.
Poorboys EX-P sealant used
Collinite 476s applied to rims
Valentines Road 'n' Track applied by hand to the bodywork.
Trim Wizard applied to tyres and plastics, allowed to dry into tyres and lightly buffed off the following day.
Engine bay dressed with AS Finish
Windows polished.
Leather interior was cleaned with Gliptone cleaner and then conditioned

Few finished pics in the garage

DSCF3685.jpg

DSCF3688.jpg

And a few better ones taken at work.

P8020865.jpg

P8020866.jpg

P8020869.jpg

P8020871.jpg

P8020873.jpg

P8020879.jpg

P8020880.jpg

P8020883.jpg

P8020891.jpg

P8020897.jpg

P8020910.jpg

P8020915.jpg

P8020916.jpg

Excellent - did you do all yourself? Any close-ups of the refurbed calipers yet?

~ Maxie :thumbs:

Jethro,
Nice job on the car, did you do anything with the wheel nuts or have any plans. I've been really lucky as mine are still in good condition. End of the month I'll remove them again and apply another coat of micro sealant..

Pure Class !
I've been detailing mine gradually over the past months, must post some pictures up !

Maxie said:
Excellent - did you do all yourself? Any close-ups of the refurbed calipers yet?

~ Maxie :thumbs:

All my own work.
I have not had time to do the calipers yet, but will add some pics when I do.

Ocean Blue said:
Jethro,
Nice job on the car, did you do anything with the wheel nuts or have any plans. I've been really lucky as mine are still in good condition. End of the month I'll remove them again and apply another coat of micro sealant..

I took the nuts off, rubbed them down and lightly painted them with silver Hammerite.
No paint cracked off when I put them back on again

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prime007
Back