Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

That first upgrade…

Sounds great! What's next on the upgrade list? ;)

fine upgrade

DIY or done by a garage ?

First of many I'm sure.. Sounds great too.. Nice to see it being used this time of the year..

Sounds great! Are they the standard sports or supersound ones?
Standard sports
Sounds great! What's next on the upgrade list? ;)
Get a loan to pay for the upgrades 😂

sounds lovely. also, glad to see another 996 that needs a wash!!

I just had it washed :) doesn’t look that dirty… 🤪

fine upgrade

DIY or done by a garage ?
Garage did it. And they did a proper job. Very happy.

Just a few pictures after a wash. Long live the 996!
And here with the 2 big brothers.

Attachments

• IMG_2062.jpeg
    IMG_2062.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2064.jpeg
    IMG_2064.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2060.jpeg
    IMG_2060.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2058.jpeg
    IMG_2058.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2048.jpeg
    IMG_2048.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2045.jpeg
    IMG_2045.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2046.jpeg
    IMG_2046.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2027.jpeg
    IMG_2027.jpeg
    5.9 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2034.jpeg
    IMG_2034.jpeg
    6.1 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2017.jpeg
    IMG_2017.jpeg
    8.6 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2007.jpeg
    IMG_2007.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2006.jpeg
    IMG_2006.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 19
That sounds wonderful mate. Enjoy!

I was going to say that is definitely the standard sport ones not the Super Sport Sound ones.

I had the Dansk Supersound on my 996 when I first got it.

Even the name makes me laugh, it sounds like some some experimental new progressive techno group from Berlin.

You can imagine them explaining the noise ripping through the background of their latest minimal track....

"Das ist der neue dansk super Spoooorrtaaaaah auspuff!"

***** me was it loud!!

Where I live I rent a couple of garages, the alley way is between a coffee shop and an antiques centre, often really busy as tables and chairs out.

I used to try and creep out slowly without being seen, or heard, as I own a clothes shop a few doors down so know many of the people sat having coffee etc.

But it was so loud! A young girl cried and dropped her drink when I came out one Sunday morning, I knew at that point I had to get it swapped over, even though it was new.

I took it to my local places who does Top Gear exhausts, while in there there was some young 18/19 year old lad with tracksuit bottoms, LaCoste Trainers, a Moncler cap and a......vest, being looked after when I arrived. He had a 320d and was ordering a new exhaust system for it.
Twin exit exhausts, 5" tips and he wanted it to sound "Fakin' proper loud blad!"

The fact he then said after that "Although, not quite as loud as his 911." told me I really do need to do something about mine pretty quickly.

I swapped for the Top Gear exhausts as was worried if the standard sport Dansk silencers wouldn't be much quieter, but yours sound lovely, maybe next time.

Last edited:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SpkM3
Back