Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tandem pump cover replacement?

2tone

I have a perfectly performing tandem pump which has a rusty original cover and as ACP aluminium replacements are no longer available, I wondered if anyone has thought about 3D printing one.

ACP used to make a plastic cover, unfortunately I can't seem to reach their server anymore. Don't know if they have gone bump ? If that is the case then there is a gap in the market that needs filling ! Unsure if a 3D printed cover would cope with the heat as it must be close to the temperature that 3D printers work at ? I think what you need is a phenolic plastic but I am sure there are chemists on here that can confirm/deny. Option I suppose is buy a Porsche one and powder coat the cover prior to fitting ?

edit due to poor spelling!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back