Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Low pressure fuel pump issues?

Karlito32

Hi,

Just wondering does anyone have experience of replacing the low pressure fuel pump(tank mounted) ?

I am trying to see if there is a better option than the OEM pump which is mega expensive?
I wonder if anyone has any experience of running an aftermarket pump or anything similar or is the consensus to stick with OEM?

Thanks in advance

I've replaced my 996 (C2) pump, it is a little fiddly but I got it down to doing it in an hour, even removed it once in a hotel car park once. I had tank issues for a couple of years so had to keep removing/replacing, long story. But it is documented on here somewhere of how I did it?

I replaced mine for a brand new one a couple of years ago and I got the OEM version, I think VDO, which was a lot cheaper than Porsche?

The pump twist fits to the bottom of the tank so mounting an-aftermarket submersible pump would be a challenge and you would have to modify the pipe work to suit the float mechanism that it connects to above?

C2 and C4 are different layouts, I'm unsure what yours is?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janders365
Back