Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Starting issue

I replaced my starter motor about 5 years ago with a refurbisheded Bosch exchange unit from Eurocar Parts - around £300.

It's been failing for the past year and so I decided to address it last month, was reluctant to fork out that amount again for what seemed like a shoddy unit, so found a local chap who works from home refurbishing stater motors and alternators.

He replaced solenoid, brushes and bearing (the bearing he said was totally shot with the shaft slopping around, and doubts it was replaced as part of the original recondition program due to the limited miles I had done). He used genuine Bosch parts and charged me £90 all in.

Car now starts better than it ever has - noticeably quicker turnover than when I first installed the Bosch recon unit - I really do question how comprehensive their refurbishment program is...

I have used these guys three times and the service has been spot on the replacement they first sent me for the turbo was very slightly different than the original (size wise) and I couldnt get it to squeeeze through the small space to locate it however no quible returned it with my original unit which they then refurbed including solenoid with a weeks turnaround.

https://www.westlancsautoelectrics.co.uk/

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NeilHarbidge
Back