Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Standard front fogs or turbo s ducts ?

kerb scraper said:
Mike-M said:
I refurbed my front fogs and sprayed the reflector with a chrome finish, made a massive diffrence and cost around £10-15 in an undercoat and chrome sprays. Purchased a proper glass cleaning compound to use with my DA polisher on the glass. A DIY project well worth a couple of hours work.

Mike, with apologies for the thread hijack; could you give me some tips on how you opened up the foglights? I currently have the PU off and lights out so would like to try this mod as part of the refurb

Very carefully!!! It is a pain and you need to be patient, I ran a stanley knife through the putty seal then inserted flat wide screwdrivers to pry the two halfs apart, as and when they start to seperate run the blade through again. Be carefull applying preassure to pry the 2 halfs apart as you can crack the lens. If I remember correctly the glass sits in a "U" channel in the plastic section so your knife will only go in a few mm until the glass is free of the U channel, once you pass this point the knife can pass through the putty and the two halfs will seperate. You then need to clean all the putty off which again is a pain and time absorbing. Then clean the reflectors, mask the bulb/lens and spray the reflector. I used a Plasti-cote primer for plastics and finished with a Plasti-cote fast dry chrome effect. I then used an exterior grade white silicone to seal the lens, my thoughts there were exterior silicones are subject to direct sunlight/heat etc. Ive had them done a few years now, no leaks and still look pretty good if I say so myself. I had thought of keeping them white but glad I went chrome. If you pm me an e-mail Ill send some pics across as I still struggle to reize pictures sufficiently for this site.

Thanks Mike, you have a pm

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NeilHarbidge
Back