Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Spyder performance vs IPD plenum

Sure go for the IPD plenum, while you are at it also fit GT3 throttle body to go with it. Makes zero power difference according to this comprehensive dyno test.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mc9c07qCuKY

some comments even say it reduced it,

sje106
1 year ago
So glad you've done this video. Manufacturers of these products do make some very surprising and appealing. Laine of gains, but very little people actually do back to back tests.
I had a 996 Carrera 2 with IPD GT3 body plus the air box mod and it made less than standard, so I'm not surprised by your results either

It wouldnt be something I would consider if it was going on a standard car without a remap however mine is a 3.9 litre and is going to be remapped to get the most out of any mods.

Reading other people's posts which relate to this type of thing, the restriction in engine breathing tends to be in the exhaust side rather than inlet. I E the inlet flows enough air to not be THE issue.

If the exhaust is improved enough, I imagine that some gains would be had in the inlet side as well, but depends if the restriction is in the plenum or throttle body, or further downstream in the inlet runners?

Wayne from Chipwizards appears to be the go-to and might advise on best route to take, also a thread on here relating to most worthwhile mods for enlarged engines.

Would be interesting to see this with new headers and 200cel cats. 2000€/GBP later and you gain 10hp?

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
e46m3
Back