Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Spark plug recommendations - Iridium worth it or stick with

spinnaker

Hockenheim
Afternoon all,

I have had a couple of occasions over the last few rainy/snowy weeks where my car has been stuttering and it feels like I may have one or more duff coil packs to replace with the bigger new Beru ones.

I'm coming up on a big service in the next month and will get the plugs replaced as I can't see when they were last done by previous owners.

I have seen mixed guidance on here and elewhere. Some people say just to stick with Bosch ones whereas some reviews seem to show Denso/NGK Iridium plugs instead.

This thread was useful but a few years old now: http://911uk.com/posting.php?mode=reply&t=126869

What is the thinking in 2023?

...I was once told that copper offers a good strong spark but wears quicker than the platinum and iridium plugs that last forever?

I would tend to say .. stick with the original bosch ones .

I'm Not a fan of NGK plugs in a Porsche .. used them many times in previous jobs but i just don't like them on a Porsche car .. personal opinion there .

GMG said:
...I was once told that copper offers a good strong spark but wears quicker than the platinum and iridium plugs that last forever?

Thats it basically .

Got it! Thanks chaps.

And when it comes to coil packs. You don't have either one or more of them. You have none. Only single coils over plug. Which must be removed when the plug is removed. Change everything.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back