Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sourcing Savannah Beige paint

Nightshade

Some parts of my 996's interior need respraying, the colour is Savannah Beige. Problem is, I can't seem to find anywhere to order spray paint in that colour in the UK. ColorBond in the US have a match, but they don't deliver to the UK.

Does anyone know where I could get some?

VW also has a colour called Savannah Beige, does anyone know if it's a match?

Sorry I should have said- it's the plastics that need respraying, not the leather

It's a Vw colour for sure , had plenty Vw in that colour but not sure if its a match to Porsches.

I want some paint for my 997 with a Savannah beige interior too. I was going to get one of my original parts off the car, and get a scanned colour match on it.

You would have to use a spray gun with the matched paint though as I don't think you'll find anywhere that scans and produces a rattle can of that colour.

JonnieD said:
I want some paint for my 997 with a Savannah beige interior too. I was going to get one of my original parts off the car, and get a scanned colour match on it.

You would have to use a spray gun with the matched paint though as I don't think you'll find anywhere that scans and produces a rattle can of that colour.

I don't think 997s came in Savannah Beige, only Sand Beige. If you look at the sticker under the bonnet, if it says TG that's the code for sand beige. If it is, let me know as I have spare aerosol can in that colour that I ordered by accident.

Nightshade said:
JonnieD said:

I don't think 997s came in Savannah Beige, only Sand Beige. If you look at the sticker under the bonnet, if it says TG that's the code for sand beige. If it is, let me know as I have spare aerosol can in that colour that I ordered by accident.

Ah yes, of course you're right, I was thinking it was the same colour. They are probably quite close but will certainly look off next to each other!

That would be great if you had a spare can of Sand beige, thank you. I'll PM you on that. I'm in Surrey too so maybe close enough for me to pick up.

:thumbs:

An update my my end- I've not been able to find any Savannah Beige paint in the UK, or any that will ship to the UK. I called Porsche and they weren't any help.

I went to a car paint shop to get a match, but they couldn't find a good match from any of the many colour swatches they had. They also said VW Savannah Beige is not a match for Porsches. And they didn't have a colour scanner either.

So, based on this Rennlist post and the great results they had with Colorbond paint: https://rennlist.com/forums/996-forum/1272629-center-console-questions.html

I ordered a couple of cans of Colorbond 1131 to a shipping company in the US (Stackry) who will then forward the package onto the UK, since Colorbond do not ship to the UK directly. It's a bit of a faff, but I know it's a good colour match. Also slight benefit is that it's "Leather, Vinyl & Hard Plastic" paint, meaning I can also touch up my worn handbrake lever leather as well as the plastics.

Will report back with photos of the results once it's arrived and my interior repainted.

Really interested to find out how you get on. The seat back shells on my Savannah beige interior ( 2000 C2 cab. ). have had some scratches badly touched up by a previous owner so would love to rectify this!

An update from my end. The shipping for the paint from the US ended up costing me a lot more than I initially planned for. The aerosol paints were deemed as hazardous and so I had to ship with FedEx and it cost me £87 for delivery for two cans.. ! Still, it arrived quickly and I kept telling myself it's still cheaper than buying various parts new from Porsche.

Here are some before/during photos. My centre console piece just looked tired and the previous owner had tried to colour match a touch-up and failed. I sanded it down, used Halfords grey primer and then lightly sanded with 1200 grit wet-and-dry with some water, before drying and applying the Colourbond paint in thin layers. I then finished it in some Halfords satin lacquer to protect it.

Attachments

• img_3405_190.jpg
    img_3405_190.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 134
  • img_3406_771.jpg
    img_3406_771.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 134
  • img_3407_118.jpg
    img_3407_118.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 134
  • img_3400_395.jpg
    img_3400_395.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 134
After :D I'm really happy with the result. Maybe the colour is a touch more orange than the other parts, but honestly it looks worse in the photos, in the car you can't really notice it.

Attachments

• img_3776_615.jpg
    img_3776_615.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 132
Whilst I was at it, I decided to tackle my worn gearknob and handbrake lever. Honestly I thought the leather on these so worn they were beyond saving, but after seeing the replacement prices I thought trying to restore them might be worth a shot.

I didn't want to spray paint them with the same Colorbond paint as I'd used for the plastic pieces, as the base of the gearknob was fine. I just wanted to recolour the worn area. So I ordered a leather colouring kit from Colorlock specifically for Savannah Beige that I could rub into it with a sponge. I started by sanding the worn areas of leather to prepare it, I then applied about 8 layers of colour 10 mins apart. To my surprise it started to look really good and new again. I finished them off with two coats of "Leather Sealant Top Coat – Matt Finish" from ScratchDoctor.co.uk (no affiliation) to protect them from use.

I also took off the plastic part of the gear knob, sanded it down, primed it and sprayed it with BMW Titanium Silver I got from Halfords, which turned out to be a pretty good match.

Before/during photos:

Attachments

• img_2401_618.jpg
    img_2401_618.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 126
  • img_3667_311.jpg
    img_3667_311.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 125
  • img_3668_131.jpg
    img_3668_131.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 125
  • img_3670_684.jpg
    img_3670_684.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 125
The gear knob and handbrake lever after the treatment, I could not be happier with how it turned out, they look new again!

Attachments

• img_3674_404.jpg
    img_3674_404.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 116
  • img_3771_582.jpg
    img_3771_582.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 116
  • img_3773_113.jpg
    img_3773_113.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 116
  • img_3782_953.jpg
    img_3782_953.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 112
Final post showing off all the new bits (I also previously wrapped the centre console in metallic black vinyl to match the car's exterior, to break up the sea of beige)

Attachments

• img_3779_191.jpg
    img_3779_191.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 114

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back