Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Interior touch-up paint?

stupidget

Silverstone
Hi All,

The interior (centre console, dashboard etc..) of my 996 has some scuffs that I'd like to touch-up but I'm struggling to find the correct paint. I found this company:

https://www.colorbondpaint.com/products/l-v-hp-refinisher-porsche?variant=312995743

And they do the correct refinisher paint but they only deliver to US & Canada. The UK site (https://www.colorbondpaint.co.uk/) doesn't seem to have the same paints. I've messaged them and asked but they've not replied.

Has anyone found a good supplier of interior touch-up paints?

Hi, what colour are you looking for?

I have another similar thread about sourcing paint for my Savannah Beige interior. Like you I had seen Colorbond paints available in the US and couldn't find a good alternative here in the UK. So I used a re-shipping company to send on two cans of paint I bought from them. Downside was that because aerosol paints are deemed as hazardous I had to ship with FedEx and it cost me £87 for delivery!

That said, they were received quickly and I've just repainted some of my interior parts with the Colorbond paints with great results, I'm really pleased. It looks as-new again and the colour match is spot-on. I will post some before/after photos in the coming days in my thread, I'm just waiting to finish the last few bits.

My interior is Graphite Grey. I might give Color Bond in the UK a call tomorrow and see what they say. Based on your experience it sounds like this is the best paint to get.

I was talking to Nick at Colourworx in Newquay and they resprayed someone boxter interior entirely not long ago, the colour was some sort of terracota. He did not tell me what product they used but did mentioned it was excellent and I saw pictures and it looks amazing. You could give him a call and ask, he is very nice and friendly.

OP - I've updated my thread titled "Sourcing Savannah Beige paint" with some photos of my Colorbond paint results, so you can see for yourself

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ors97
Back