Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

SOLD: TechArt Paddles Retrofit for 991.1 multifunction wheel

MJA911

Singapore
*** SOLD *** to a forum member

The TechArt Paddles Retrofit kit converts the standard PDK front/rear buttons (push to change up/pull to change down) to "Paddles" (pull left to change down/pull right to change up) as per Sport Design and other Porsche paddle wheels. Advertised for 991.1 m/f wheel, but it is listed for 981 plus others that use the same wheel.

The kit replaces the rear buttons with "paddles" and puts blanks on the front of the wheel to replace the front buttons. The paddles are using the same internal switch mechanism as the rear buttons, but there is a wiring modification that means pulling the left paddle changes down and pulling the right paddle changes up.

Bear in mind that with these paddles you're still pulling on a switch, they are not on pivots, but I still found them to be a vast improvement over pull/push buttons. Having had a Sport Design Wheel previously, not surprisingly it is not as good as the action of the pivoted paddles. Also, the paddles are not made of Aluminium, they're high grade plastic.

Let's face it, not much out there is as good as the Porsche Sport Design Paddle wheel, but with this kit you do have the benefit of a multifunction wheel with paddles.

I have advertised these as suitable for the multifunction wheel as there are tangs on the rear of the blanks (that replace the front switches) and I removed the tangs so that they fit the m/f wheel.

Also, the blanks are black (rather than silver) which makes this kit particularly suitable for a black m/f PDK wheel, but you could spray paint the blanks any colour.

If you have the m/f PDK wheel but would prefer paddles, there are 2 other choices I know of if you want to retain multifunction. The Sport Design paddle wheel, you'd need to add the OE steering column stalk and module to be able control the small display in the binnacle. With a 991.2 m/f paddle wheel you'd need to add a 3rd party module to make it work. Some forum members have done this.

Both would be superior, but I'll leave you to price these options up.

I paid £554 for this kit from the UK distributor Tech9 in June, which does seem a lot for what's in the kit (paddles, blanks, shrink hose for the wiring, nuts, bolts, grease and dampening washers), but TechArt seem to have this market niche to themselves.

You may need to pay somebody to install it, I did mine (via the step by step instructions) and have also reversed back to original (I'm changing car). I'm methodical rather than expert and while its not hugely difficult, it does need care and patience. It took me 2-3 hours each time and was easier 2nd time.

There are some forums that discuss this kit which you'll find via searching on its name, this link has marketing details: https://tagmotorsports.com/techart-paddle-shift-retrofit-multifunction-991-macan-panamera-kit

£250 delivered. If you're interested please PM me.

Attachments

• img_9994_151.jpg
    img_9994_151.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 644
  • img_9982_133.jpg
    img_9982_133.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 644
  • img_0621_352.jpg
    img_0621_352.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 644

Latest posts

New Threads