Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

SOLD: 996 Carbon Fibre Ducktail Kit :SOLD

JS1500

Spa-Francorchamps
For sale as I have sold my 996.
I was going to keep this for my next 996 (can you ever have just one?!) but could use the money at the moment.

I took a 986 Boxster in part exchange for my 996, so may accept some interesting 986 parts in part exchange for this!

Carbon fibre ducktail spoiler/engine lid and all the parts to go with it:
Very similar to the RPM Technik one that they use on their CSR cars, the cheapest option from them is £1650 (extra if you want a paintable clearcoat and extra for the brake light and wiring harness).
Mine is the same design as the ones available from Stuttgart Classica (£1,075 +VAT and brake light and wiring harness extra). Stuttgart Classica's one is only available in a white gel coat finish but I contacted their supplier in Holland and had them custom make me one that is clear coated carbon on the inside and on the strip between the rear lights and the rest is black gel coat for ease of painting.

My intention was for a custom paint job, leaving a PORSCHE script between the rear lights as bare carbon fibre. You can steal this idea if you wish, it will look great!

I also bought their '3rd brake light blanking panel' that goes between the decklid and the rear window. This panel is usually steel but their version is very lightweight fibreglass. No other company makes this part for the 996 (I looked everywhere) and this Dutch company will only sell you one if you also buy their ducktail!

I also bought the required 997 third brake light and wiring harness from my Porsche main dealer.

Brand new, in original packaging and never fitted.

Selling the full kit (ducktail, 3rd brake light delete panel, brake light & wiring harness) for £1650 posted within the UK.
8)

NOW SOLD, THANKS.

Attachments

• duck_1_870.jpg
    duck_1_870.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 1,765
  • duck_2_227.jpg
    duck_2_227.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 1,765
  • duck_3_278.jpg
    duck_3_278.jpg
    282.3 KB · Views: 1,765
  • duck_4_936.jpg
    duck_4_936.jpg
    310.5 KB · Views: 1,765
  • duck_5_845.jpg
    duck_5_845.jpg
    291.9 KB · Views: 1,764
More pics...

Attachments

• duck_6_106.jpg
    duck_6_106.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,751
  • duck_9_863.jpg
    duck_9_863.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,753
  • duck_10_201.jpg
    duck_10_201.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,751
  • duck_11_212.jpg
    duck_11_212.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,752
  • wiring_680.jpg
    wiring_680.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 1,753
  • brake_light_928.jpg
    brake_light_928.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 1,750
Couple more...

Attachments

• duck_7_2_173.jpg
    duck_7_2_173.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,744
  • duck_8_3_236.jpg
    duck_8_3_236.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,744
I'm intending to go down this route but think the csr one sits a bit high, i prefer the one on the 997 that comes from the states.

Doesn't the rpm one come with struts etc included in their price?

Bund said:
I'm intending to go down this route but think the csr one sits a bit high, i prefer the one on the 997 that comes from the states.

Struts? I don't think so. I assume you just re-use your existing one or go without.

RPM don't mention theirs coming with anything extra at all.
Looks like they've put the price up recently too, now £1734+++...

JS1500 said:
Bund said:

Struts? I don't think so. I assume you just re-use your existing one or go without.

Ah I'm not sure then, I just pulled this from their Ebay add. But as you say perhaps the oem ones are fine.

The Ducktail comes complete with softer lid strut and adjusting grommets.
Finished in Raw Carbon. Clear coat gloss or painted finish available at an extra cost on request.
Please note, The 996 ducktail does not have an integrated brake light.

I bought my car a few months back (probably done 60 miles since) Unfortunately for me spending 10%+ of its value on the DT isn't looking like the best way to splash the cash right now. The wife is already questioning the original purchase. Haha

Bund said:
JS1500 said:
Bund said:

Ah I'm not sure then, I just pulled this from their Ebay add. But as you say perhaps the oem ones are fine.

The Ducktail comes complete with softer lid strut and adjusting grommets.
Finished in Raw Carbon. Clear coat gloss or painted finish available at an extra cost on request.
Please note, The 996 ducktail does not have an integrated brake light.

I bought my car a few months back (probably done 60 miles since) Unfortunately for me spending 10%+ of its value on the DT isn't looking like the best way to splash the cash right now. The wife is already questioning the original purchase. Haha

Ah, I see! Their website doesn't mention struts but I guess it makes sense to have a softer version since the lid is so much lighter than standard.
Understood about the wife!

Paul996 said:
Looks great quality 😍

Yes, it's a lovely thing! Hard to photograph well though.

Meant to say, I'm open to near offers but I'm also happy to keep hold of it for my next 996, as I'm sure I'll buy another one in the spring!

Bump...

...£1550 posted in mainland UK.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdowrick
Back