Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Side Airbag fault 31

andye30m3

The airbag warning light has come up on my 996, having put it on a code reader it came up with fault 31 - Side airbag.

guy who read the codes suggested going through the wiring and connectors to check for any issues in the first instance.

Has anyone had the same fault code come up? or know of a common weak points in the system as a starting point.

I had this. After removing the door card and checking the connection was secure I decided the next logical step was to replace the airbag before trying to delve deeper into tracking back the cable for a potential break. The door airbags are surprisingly inexpensive second hand, I sourced one from Douglas Valley breakers for about £25 delivered so it was worth a punt.

Fitted and issue solved, turned out to be an easy win :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back