Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Selling my 993 coupe

What was the sale price? Appreciate seller may not wish to disclose but it's surely a leap to assume car achieved asking price?

No doubt it sold for well under 40 k as several on this thread said no way worth 45 k :floor: :floor: :floor:

:agree: I was going to say they were 3 wise men, but it was actually 4 :grin:

So, time for an update. As suggested by many, I had a long chat with Tom at 911V earlier in the week and as a result the car will be offered for sale by them from next week. Dove House didn't manage to sell the car (despite the website saying they had).

Tom picked the car up today and, though very complimentary about my car, with his very keen eye for detail he has suggested some minor cosmetic enhancements that will make the car even better. I have no doubt that with their well-known attention to detail the car will now sell quickly. Watch this space.

The plot thickens! :D

:hand: Fears over the economy, interest rate rises on the horizon, China and that the classic car market has been over inflated for some time and due a correction is likely to make some buyers nervous at buying at, what they believe, is the top of the market.

It must be true as I read it on PH :dont know:

What an unexpected twist! Congrats!

Are you willing to give sale price?

What is the warranty if they are selling SOR? I thought you effectively get NO warranty as buyer if purchase is sale by dealer on behalf of customer?

Congrats. The write-up in their advert was excellent.

highway said:
Are you willing to give sale price?

What is the warranty if they are selling SOR? I thought you effectively get NO warranty as buyer if purchase is sale by dealer on behalf of customer?

I can only speak for ourselves but if we feel a car is good enough to sell it makes no difference to our buyer whether or not we own the car or whether we are selling it on behalf of a third party. As the retailer it is our responsibility to prepare the car and stand by it in the usual manner.

In our case 3 months, 3,000 miles covering everything (wear and tear included) and from 3 month to 12 months, for £500, we offer a mechanical failure scheme covering drive train (engine, gearbox ECU's, waterpumps e.t.c). This chargeable warranty is probably more applicable to some other types of vehicle we sell but for obvious reasons we would be delighted to offer it on a 993. Said warranty is underwritten by ourselves, the claims limit is set at the value of the car and there is no limit to the number of claims that can be made.

The difference between us and a number (not all) of our competitors is that we inspect a SOR car in exactly the same manner as we would if we were buying it outright. If the car isn't good enough it won't get past the threshold even if there is an opportunity to make a quick buck with no initial outlay.

Hope that answers your question

Cheers
Tom

That's a business model that maintains a good reputation. Good for you 911V and well done on choosing them for the sale CC. Nice result 8)

Tom, do you cover IMS failure and Bore Scoring on the later models?

If the IMS went, and the engine needed £10k spent on it (or new engine), would that be covered?

Kimbo said:
Tom, do you cover IMS failure and Bore Scoring on the later models?

If the IMS went, and the engine needed £10k spent on it (or new engine), would that be covered?

Hi Kimbo,

YES !!!

Cheers
T

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzed23
Back