Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Selling but how much for?

I need to stop looking at it.....

All I can see it project car - 3.9, Buckets, repaint in Orange......

Alex said:
The majority of people wanting to get in to the cheapest variant 911 couldn't give 2 hoots whether its 2 or 4. If it was never sought after by the masses, why did so many sell brand new?

My opinion..... I would rather wait on a C2 for similar money from a purist point of view. I am sure many would too. It's a fact that the C2 is more sought after. Most of these cars new sold to suits and bankers etc. Today is a different story.They are being sought by serious enthusiasts like myself who want the purist driving experience. Time for breakfast.

stretch said:
...They [C2s] are being sought by serious enthusiasts like myself who want the purist driving experience.

Purist Shmoorist.

Go and drive a C4, they're really good.

I think most people want a C2 because that's what the internet tells them they want..

giraffeinbath said:
stretch said:
...They [C2s] are being sought by serious enthusiasts like myself who want the purist driving experience.

Purist Shmoorist.

Go and drive a C4, they're really good.

I think most people want a C2 because that's what the internet tells them they want..

I am sure they are fantastic cars... it's all about taste. I have an early car and the lightest version of the 996.... even lighter than the GT3 is the one i'm after.

giraffeinbath said:

:yes:

stretch said:
I am sure they are fantastic cars... it's all about taste. I have an early car and the lightest version of the 996.... even lighter than the GT3 is the one i'm after.

Yes I agree, different strokes for different folks and I too would love a GT3, but I don't want a Carrera C2 because it's lighter than a GT3... it's still not a GT3 and that's perhaps another example of forum/scene one-upman-ship that grows a bit tiresome after a while.

C2 or C4. One is not better than the other, they are different and equally engaging in slightly different ways, and to be honest they're not poles apart in terms of feel.

I guess I'm just bored of this idea of the assumed C2 'purist' driving experience, it's daft and insinuates that the 'purist' is somehow more discerning, better informed or in the know than everyone else.

giraffeinbath said:
stretch said:

Yes I agree, different strokes for different folks and I too would love a GT3, but I don't want a Carrera C2 because it's lighter than a GT3... it's still not a GT3 and that's perhaps another example of forum/scene one-upman-ship that grows a bit tiresome after a while.

C2 or C4. One is not better than the other, they are different and equally engaging in slightly different ways, and to be honest they're not poles apart in terms of feel.

I guess I'm just bored of this idea of the assumed C2 'purist' driving experience, it's daft and insinuates that the 'purist' is somehow more discerning, better informed or in the know than everyone else.

...lighter;more 'purist'...wtf does this actually mean for the average,typical driver...say me?

I'm 54 and a serial car owner; ask the gaffer! However I am not Chris Harris thus have average driving skills so descerning the finer details of driving dynamics are lost on me...I can tell if a car drives okay but ... Oh and I live in a small town near Dartmoor ... Finding the space to get anywhere near really wringing the neck of my 996 C2 is impossible...too much traffic and too little driving ability...don't want to kill myself or anyone else or bend my pride and joy...

...to add insult to this injurious reply...I own a craptronic! My choice; why ? : all of the above.

...the truth is the roads are crap and conjested,most of our driving skills,egos aside, are adequate so seeking the purist 996 is :?

...buy on condition and just enjoy...be brave and ignore the internet rethoric :thumbs:

As an ex C4 owner I agree with all of the above in practice. In many ways they are a 'better" car than a C2. Better weight distribution, better grip, stiffer shell. Very similar to a C2 to drive with a little extra character of their own.
But I get why people want a C2. They want a 911 and for years the 911 was RWD only. 'Better" doesn't matter, so I can respect the guy's preference for holding out.
I've been sitting on the sidelines of the 996 market for a while now and the odd decent sounding C2 is selling (eg on eBay) for £13k. That is the exception, not the rule, although have to say I think it signposts the direction of the market (direction, not necessarily end point). Whatever their merits the C4 seems more numerous and lower valued so I agree the car in question is a £10k car (probably). If it was a yellow C2 aero it would be a £15k car - that's just the way the market is.

I don't want a GT3...If i did i would need to sell my 1970 ST car to afford it.
I was just stating a fact that the C2 is a lighter car than the GT3 which was a surprise to me. Nothing to do with wanting one.

Yes, there are a handful of C2 cars selling around the 10-12k mark on ebay / auto trader that will probably need the same spent on them again. A good way into these cars if one wants to add to it as they go along. A bit like the car in this post really.

I was buying this until the seller done the dirty and put it on ebay.https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/275236347529?hash=item40155d5e89:g:oCsAAOSw9OFiQGAN

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kashmir
Back