Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Roll Cages D911 vs Heigo

chucknorris

Monza
So looking at a half cage for my 993.

Narrowed it down to two options though I am currently waiting on some spec details for the Design911 one like material and weight which you'd think they would have advertised on their website!

So first up is the FVD Heigo bolt-in aluminium cage coming in at 10kg:

https://www.fvd.net/de-en/HEI993001...of-bolt-in-x-diagonal-and-tunnel-support.html

Then secondly the Design911 bolt-in cage:

https://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod...-in-for-Porsche-993-1995-98/?source=doofinder

Questions are:

1. Do any forum members either have one of these cages in their car
2. If so can you post a picture of it in your car
3. Any negatives to either cage

The only issue I can potentially see with the FVD Heigo cage is for the additional lower support bars that run across the base of the seats and into the old seat mounting points. I feel being a lanky git that when I push the seat right back it will hit this bar and potentially not give me the leg room i need.

Would love to know your thoughts and opinions.

Cheers.

Attachments

• d911_roll_bar_123.jpg
    d911_roll_bar_123.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 1,948
  • fvd_roll_bar_151.jpg
    fvd_roll_bar_151.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 1,948
bingbongbing said:
http://www.safetydevices.com/motorsport/products/roll-cage/Porsche+911+993-1994-1997-2-door-Non+Sunroof-without-sunroof/436/1858/
I believe that Chuck has a sunroof - which rules out Safety Devices ones...

Not doubting the quality of the Heigo offering - but aluminium? :dont know:

Spend your money on some advanced driving tuition. Unless you intend some regular Nordschleife visits or become a serious trackday enthusiast then they are a waste of money IMO.

Front strut brace (sharper turn in), refreshed suspension and a well driven 993 should be nigh on impossible to roll.

C.

cableguy said:
Spend your money on some advanced driving tuition. Unless you intend some regular Nordschleife visits or become a serious trackday enthusiast then they are a waste of money IMO.

Front strut brace (sharper turn in), refreshed suspension and a well driven 993 should be nigh on impossible to roll.

C.

The whole point of my build is for a track car!

It has a front strut, it will get KWV3's, it's getting Recoro's buckets next week.

And yes booked for the Ring in May, and I can drive pretty decently.

Thanks!

#tracklife

Chris993C2 said:
bingbongbing said:
http://www.safetydevices.com/motorsport/products/roll-cage/Porsche+911+993-1994-1997-2-door-Non+Sunroof-without-sunroof/436/1858/
I believe that Chuck has a sunroof - which rules out Safety Devices ones...

Not doubting the quality of the Heigo offering - but aluminium? :dont know:

yep sunroof car and I have the very same concerns about the FVD one being made from aluminium but the rennlist lot seem to rave about this cage!

Design911 did come back to me today and said that theirs is made of steel and is approximate 10kgs hmmm think I need to get that in writing as it's never going to be under with that approximation is it!

Safety l devices will do one to suit your car.

I dare say the only 'proper' one out of the 3. Built to all the latest regs. It'll also be much cheaper

bingbongbing said:

I dare say the only 'proper' one out of the 3. Built to all the latest regs. It'll also be much cheaper

Also, have you looked at intrax for proper suspension?

bingbongbing said:
bingbongbing said:

Also, have you looked at intrax for proper suspension?

Ok, great will check these out also thanks for the info...

cage

If the rennlist lot rave about the cage,ask then how many have rolled their cars and walked away? It's like raving about your Insurance company but until you make a claim we know nothing :?:

Re: cage

stichill99 said:
If the rennlist lot rave about the cage,ask then how many have rolled their cars and walked away? It's like raving about your Insurance company but until you make a claim we know nothing :?:

Yep I 100% agree with that statement haha

At the minute I'm feeling the D911 one, I'm trying to find that balance between street and track use for the car without having to go full weld in job.

Heigo were an OEM supplier to Porsche

I have one, albeit in a 996 trackcar, quality is excellent and Heigo are known for cages.

The only downside is that lead times are generally horrendous with Heigo.

Who makes the D911 item? Based against Safety Devices or Heigo the D911 item would be bottom of my list.

crash7 said:
Heigo were an OEM supplier to Porsche

I have one, albeit in a 996 trackcar, quality is excellent and Heigo are known for cages.

The only downside is that lead times are generally horrendous with Heigo.

Who makes the D911 item? Based against Safety Devices or Heigo the D911 item would be bottom of my list.

That's great to know about the Heigo one, and I was under the impression even though its aluminium that it would have been designed/engineered with crash calculations having been made to it etc.

Not sure about the Design911 one as the chap I spoke to had to speak to someone else about it. I'll probably email in and get a few more specifics from them and confirm that weight approximation before I'd look at ordering.

Cheers

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janders365
Back