Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear PU respray cost

heed

Trainee
Someone (rather gently luckily) rear ended me not too long back. The impact didn't crack the rear bumper, but it did cause quite a few stress marks under the clear coat that broke the paint.

Further, there are a couple of small dents in the curvature at the edges of the rear number plate section.

I took the car to my local body shop for an estimate and they came back with £450 of labour (inc vat) and £160 of paint (inc vat).

This is to do the following:

- remove rear bumper, check if parking sensors can be better aligned - tidy them up (some of them have cracked paint on the sensor);
- repair rear bumper (get rid of dents and mis-shapes I guess this means)...
- respray rear bumper and blend as needed.

Does £610 seems a bit steep for this work? If so, does anyone have a recommendation in Hampshire area (ideally nearer to Southampton / New Forest way).

Cheers!

Interesting for me as I need mine done too...
A visiting auditor at work forgot to put the handbrake on his VW Transporter and it rolled in to the back on my car.

I was quoted £766 by the local OPC's official bodyshop. :eek:

Got mine done last year for£300.00
No parking sensors though

Last time I had my front PU resprayed I paid £150 all in.

£150 for mine as well, although I removed and refitted it - fairly easy task.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pands
Back