Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Quick Wheel Question

ashtonjay

Trainee
Bit of a noobie question but....

Ever since i bought my Porsche 6 weeks ago ive wanted to put lobster claw alloys on it

its a facelift 2002 c2 996

My question is,seeing as how my current wheels are 18 inch and the car feels like a bloody boneshaker would putting lobster claws on it make the ride worse as they tend to be 19 inch ?

Also is there a certain type of lobster claw alloy i should be looking for regarding them fitting correctly as i notice some rears are wider than fronts. or is that the norm on all 911 alloys?

If not i may put Turbo twists on it or do they hold any issues ?

I just literally want to remove old wheels and swap for new wheels with no trouble at all

thank you

19's were never fitted from factory and yes rears are wider. Your current ones will be. What type are they?
The ride is likely to be a bit harsher, and the wheels will weigh more which affect steering/ handling responses.
Which type of turbo twists do you mean, those fitted to gen 1 3.4's or the later C4S/turbo gen 2's.
Although looking the same the later turbo ones differ as the C4s ones have solid spokes, turbos are hollow. These are lighter/more expensive.

I would be first ascertaining what's the state of your suspension?

How old are your current tyres?

...tbh buddy if you want to make the most of the delicate and tactile steering and handling characteristics of a 996 you are heading in the wrong direction...17's are optimal...18's o.k. but 19's ... not suited to the chassis...

...but each to their own :thumbs:

I have 19's on mine and find the handling perfectly acceptable and not too harsh.
gpdEbmEJ.jpg

These are significantly lighter than the 18's it came with.
MqBhBQwm.jpg

This was a personal style over substance choice though.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back