Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

prices going down?

BChivs said:
I just found it a little strange how the market value was measured from ebay, even to the point where the OP suggested a 2015, 19000k 320d Msport Tourer would equally have no value as it didn't sell on ebay??:dont know:

Pinarello said:
:?: I didn't suggest it had no value, you did...

BChivs said:
I recently had my 3 series on there.....no bids, but several email offers - does that mean my 3 series tourer is worth zero as there were no bids??

Pinarello said:
If no bids at 99p it's fair to say it has no value.

:dont know: :?:

I bought my 996 C4s 4 years ago... £15500,69k miles... I bought it off this forum,sold it on ebay...

Part of my job is keeping an eye of car selling trends and prices,the market has softened slighty...

2 years ago,any 996 turbo around £30k used to fly out,literally buyers were queuing up to buy them as the next big thing. Now the market is static,the base entry cars into turbo ownership are similar money but nobody is buying.

I have seen turbo's for sale for over a year and still not sold. There is a C4s thats been going the rounds for the best part of 4 years with no buyer. Its overpriced,but still..
I know of an impeccable 2002 996 turbo with 72k miles in seal grey at the moment that has had no interest at £33k,my friend is trying to get out.

Time of years doesnt help,but imho when spring time comes there will be no jump back up..
If an avalanche starts,we may see some prices tumble,not just in the Porsche world but straight across luxury and sports sectors.

I can't see the prices of narrow body early 996 dropping that much, the gap between the 3.4 & 3.6 might shrink but what else can you get for the money, I'm talking £15K for a prestige coupe that can take 4 if required.

As a matter of interest prices have dropped (if not plummeted) previously and we are all still here. My Daytona dropped nearly £250k in a year before I bought it 23 years ago. I felt desperately sorry for the chap but there was absolutely no market at the time. Things change and one has to mentally accommodate that so lets enjoy the cars for what they are and not for what they might achieve at auction.

To me it appears that prices for Turbos and C4S have reduced slightly but 3.4 narrow body cars are still climbing.
I was in the market this time last year and definitely had more choice for my budget than I would today...

I'm hugely biased but I think the narrow body cars - especially the early ones - might be the ones to watch in terms of value over the next 20 years.

got to agree, this thread refers to using EBAY as a marker but have a look on EBAY for a 3.4 996 manual coupe that's not had accident damage or missing service history.

paul987 said:
What's with all the newbies saying prices are going down... :?:

Lol
Thats exactly what i was thinking as i was reading through the thread!!!!

Lot to learn yet ....

8)

prices

Afternoon

I checked the internet for about four months solid looking for a good C4s, ive now had mine for about four months & still look on line to see if any of the cars from months ago are still up for sale & to be honest yes a lot of them are still hanging around, high miles patchy service possibly over priced but again my point is any vehicle that has been well looked after low miles low owner & service will always have great resale value. I intend to drive my C4s ( my wife loves it, bouns ) & if it goes up ok if not ive owned a Porsche.

Dammit said:
I'm hugely biased but I think the narrow body cars - especially the early ones - might be the ones to watch in terms of value over the next 20 years.
Agreed :thumbs:

One may be Newbie on this forum but after 50 odd years of sports car ownership I think I do have just the slightest idea of what is happening in the market in general. After all I have lived through three of these "corrections" which have affected both property and car values alike. However, I did reinforce the fact that we should enjoy the cars now for what they are. Rant over!

Dammit said:
Nah, fat asses all the way :lol:

For the drive and purity - early C2.

For the looks and sound - C4S with PSE.

Slightly gutted my 3.4 can never sound like a 3.6 with PSE. My Indy started a C4S with PSE the other day to move it and I'd forgotten how good they sound.
8)

Almost had me wanting to change but I know I far prefer the feel of mine. My mate had a C4S years ago which I could have swapped for my 964T (both worth £25k then) but the drive wasn't what I look for. Still lovely though and for more regular, all weather use I'd definitely think seriously.

...and that rear end. Mmmm.

Jonny996 said:
Anything from the 90's will only be going up in value.

I hope so.. because I've got a box full of Jason and Kylie stuff I want rid of :lol:

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mike 964 speedster
Back