Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche OEM Dash Cam - Options

esendia

Monza
I have been considering a dash cam for my 996 for some time, wanting something either subtle or OEM. When I visited the Porsche centre the other day I came across Porsche's own one which apparently they released a couple of months back, as a fan of trying to fit only OEM equipment to my car this got my attention straight away over the Garmin mini 2 I was previously considering.

Looking into it though it seems to simply be an Audi unit from 4 years with a Porsche logo and a £200 increase on the price tag (Audi version can be had for £160). By chance does anyone know of this unit and if it's first of all any good and second if it is any better that the older significantly cheaper Audi version which for a little closer but still cheaper than the Porsche price tag also offers a variant of the same system with a secondary rear camera which Porsche do not offer at all.

I don't mind paying a little extra for Porsche's own stuff for my car but this seems like Porsche taking a 4 year old Audi product, sticking a Porsche logo on It and showing it off as the new thing and charging a premium over what the tech cost even when new.

Any advise is appreciated.

Attachments

• img_1575_327.jpg
    img_1575_327.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 707
  • img_2917jpgdad801e1e0cc0f5259b0aa079c5d7fe7_506.jpg
    img_2917jpgdad801e1e0cc0f5259b0aa079c5d7fe7_506.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 707

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members