Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Carrera Cup 2020

T8

Super Moderator
it's a long day on ITV4 and thank god for catch up

Looks an interesting battle in the Pro's and across the field this year even if the Pro-Am runners are a tad short of numbers

2 more wins for Harry King at Oulton Park this weekend. :worship:

The Sunday win in the damp, with him starting 6th due to a reverse grid shakeup, was awesome.

I always watch the BTCC, normally a mix of record and playback. We normally go to at least two races a year too.

Normally I skip straight past the Carrera cup unless something looks good as I'm whizzing to the next BTCC round because tbh I find it can be a bit boring and paradeie. But today I didn't, I hadn't realised it had started in the background, and my god what a race. Think I'll watch the next one because Harry King has certainly turned it up a notch!!

I've only just caught up with the second race held at Croft a couple of weeks ago. Fortunately I managed to not see/hear the result.

Harry King's performance in that race has to go down as the best 'single marque' race drive I have ever witnessed.

From 10th on the grid (due to car issues) to taking the lead on the last of 32 very tight and twisty laps was amazing. To see him 4 wheel drift, adjust steering angles for landing whilst flying with 4 wheels off the ground and demonstrate perfect trail-braking was just awesome.

Even the commentators are running out of superlatives to describe just how good this guy is.

Hopefully I'll catch up with the Thruxton races later this week.

It looks like I'm the only one following this Championship but hey-ho, it's your loss. :D

I've only just caught up with the Thruxton rounds. ITV2 only showed the second race but explained what happened in Race 1. i.e Harry King qualified half a second quicker than anyone else and was leading by a massive 12 seconds before he had a puncture on the notoriously abrasive high speed circuit.

This meant that he started Race 2 in 7th place. By Lap 10 of 20 he took the lead but 4 laps later again suffered a puncture. Several other cars did too so it seems like it might have been debris rather than over-aggressive driving.

2 x DNFs meant his Championship lead has been cut to 7 points ahead of the Silverstone rounds.

They've already taken place and with luck I'll catch up with them before this weeks races at Croft. :grin:

You are not alone T8 it's great racing usually complimented by Touring Cars
too, always enjoy watching these cars. Managed to get to Thruxton last
Summer which seems years ago now.
Yes Harry King is a real talent shame about the DNFs hope he can still pull it off.

Enjoy Croft T8!

Think all the one make series supporting the BTCC races have been superb in diffferent ways. Watching the Clios (last season) and the Minis (this season) has been both heart-pounding and jaw-dropping in equal measure. :eek:

The Carrera Cup races themselves over the past few seasons have been excellent, because in my eyes they transcend the gap between fast road car and full-on race car probably better than any of the other road-based categories. Young stars like Harper and King have emerged, and it's brilliant to see how they have come through in often less than ideal conditions.

Looking forwards to the Snetterton and Brands rounds over the coming weeks. :)

T8 said:
2 x DNFs meant his Championship lead has been cut to 7 points ahead of the Silverstone rounds.

Another 2 wins on the short circuit at Silverstone for Harry King - the second an excellent drive from a reverse grid 5th makes it 8/12 for this years superstar. :worship:

Pole at all six meetings too.

Harry King is indeed the stand-out rising star of this season. :thumb:

Watched the Porsche Sprint Challenge race in GT4 Clubsports at Croft today.
An absolute crash-fest. :drive:

Feel sorry for the mechanics that have to do the re-builds.

BTCC certainly hotting up even further after the 3 Croft races. :)

2 wins at Snetterton makes it 10/14 and the Championship with the 2 Brands Hatch races still remaining for Harry King. :worship:

He's so dominant in PCCGB that next year he surely must move up to SuperCup.

After losing Dan Harper to BMW it would be a shame to lose King too.

2 more wins to end the season for Harry King. 12 wins from 16 races. :worship:

Good to see Esmee Hawkey picking up the Pro-Am trophy too.

The BTCC finale was fun to watch too. A close finish to the Championship after 27 races.

A great day's racing in some tricky conditions at Brands.

King an absolute star, and the way he came through in today's race, he made it look almost effortless. :worship:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcox42
Back