Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Boxster S 968 P1128 &P1130 Idle Range Fault Co

stemple999

Having read many issues to resolve my Porsche Boxster S 968 engine fault codes P1128 & P1130 O2 SENSING ADAPTION LEAN at IDLE RANGE Banks 1 & 2 I finally found the issue
The MAF sensor was my first replacement as I can never understand why it runs at 15 to 20 degC above ambient.
No change
As the O2 fault was common to both banks I left the O2 sensors alone ( tried to remove one but the thing wouldnt budge and feared more damage than it was worth .
I replaced the filler cap as well as the filler vacuum as many threads suggested a system vac leak was the probable cause.
Having changed out the OAS over a year ago I have previously discounted this as a cause.
Decided to replace again as a final option before the expense of a dealership fix

OAS not the easiest to replace however when the new one arrive I stripped the old unit out and found the bottom bellow hose had split.
After all the hassles I now have a clean and healthy 968.

I hope this helps others in a similar position

Congrats on finding the fault, these things can drive you potty, when you say Boxster S 968 do you mean 986?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SpkM3
Back