Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Poly bushes for C4 M030 FARB

pj_sibley

Montreal
I recently had the front wheels off my M030 equipped 996.1 C4 and measured the FARB with calipers @24mm thickness.

Seems strange, therefore, that the 'largest' Powerflex purple series FARB bushes for 996 are sized at 23.5mm. There appear to be 24mm black series items available for 997 FARB though.

Anyone else encountered the same issue with C4/4S/TT?

The wisest move you can make is to remove the bushes and check the size of the bar at that point as they're generally smaller due to wear

NedHan79 said:
The wisest move you can make is to remove the bushes and check the size of the bar at that point as they're generally smaller due to wear

Good tip, thanks! Suggesting that 23.5mm might be the way to go then.

I have a 996.1 with M030 and ordered the OE Porsche ARB mounts in 23.5mm diameter. Worked fine for me!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcox42
Back