Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Polar to Mexico Blue

I have had many 993's over the years and 964's and as i'm not interested in on-going investment values ( have other assets that are much better geared for that) this particular car was bought to develop into a lightweight RS homage .

Slowly over several years of ownership replacing & refining items for genuine RS products and creating a machine that is exhilarating to drive. Pushed on by some great individuals on this forum who have done the same and have the same ethos.

Its a early C2 manual with the shorter gearing and non-vario. Much better response than the C2S I owned although that could do with the RS clutch and flywheel. :dont know:
Originally in Polar silver which is a great colour if somewhat bland for a 993. I took the plunge and whilst in to correct all the usual rust issues decided on a complete re-spray. Replacing all the usual trim and corroded parts found along the way. Anyway here are some pics if your thinking of doing the same then "do it" you only live once just don't make it mexico blue i think we only have one other on this forum

pics

A few days after the build.. road trip to Switzerland

Attachments

• img_3443_340.jpg
    img_3443_340.jpg
    465.1 KB · Views: 2,306
pics2

picture 2

Attachments

• img_3462_150.jpg
    img_3462_150.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2,292
pics3

picture 3

Attachments

• img_3353_528.jpg
    img_3353_528.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 2,290
pics

more pics

Attachments

• img_4373_182.jpg
    img_4373_182.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2,256
  • img_4459_534.jpg
    img_4459_534.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 2,256
  • img_5022_212.jpg
    img_5022_212.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 2,256
Great looking car & build. :thumb:

Have to agree re Non Vario with shorter ratios, my current NB is so much more fun than my previous Vario C2S.

Apart from the paint and RS look, what other mods have you carried out?

C.

Your car looks stunning! 8) Look forward to catching up once COVID19 allows :thumb:.

Surinder Randhawa said:
if your thinking of doing the same then "do it" you only live once
:worship:

sweet lookin motor there, well done likie a lot

so many questions, which wheels are you running ?

when do we see the interior pictures ?

cableguy said:
Have to agree re Non Vario with shorter ratios, my current NB is so much more fun than my previous Vario C2S.

Did I imagine this, or did I read somewhere that the early Varioram cars still had the shorter ratio manual gearbox? Mine is a December '95 build, it's Varioram but seems pretty zingy through the cogs to me.

Oh, great pics OP, lovely looking car.

The car looks fabulous, proper colour for an "RS".
I won't be changeing mine so you're safe.
I've always prefered red cars (and bikes) going back to my 1958 MGA Twin -Cam. The MGA ended up in Germany and I put the reg on the 993.
The VR conversion on my '94 with LWF gives terrific acceleration but consumption has suffered, perhaps it's the way I drive it.

Attachments

• just_back_from_9m_501.jpg
    just_back_from_9m_501.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 2,164
I thought Riviera Blue was my colour. I stand corrected, all hail Mexico Blue. What a cracker of a car :worship:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back