Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Playing with winter Wheel and Tyre sizes

S10lemon

Trainee
I've just been given a set of well used D90s 16 6j and 7js with 52 and 55 offsets and thought I might have a little play with some winter rubber.

I'm thinking Conti winters 205 front and 225 back, but a rally mate thinks it should be 195 from 205 rear.

Has anyone dabbled with narrow sizes?

They are cheap enough on eBay to try a few sizes on my favourite snake pass A57 loop bit odd be interested in others experience.

Just wanted to add re used tyres on ebay - if the tread is 4 mill or less dont buy them. Winter are fairly useless below this tread depth.

Shady people sell them with 4 mill as people think its still a lot of tread left as per the usual summer tyre tread "rules".

Winter come with more tread from new to compensate this higher "no longer any good" tread depth.

:thumb:

Thx fella, I was wondering way they where so cheap.

ill keep an eye on Flee bay for some with decent tread left.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prime007
Back