Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Picked these up today... CGs

Not black, gunmetal grey could be interesting. But how dissimilar to your current wheels would they be in that colour?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116358

Leave them be for a while, see if you like them, you can always paint them at a later date.. If you paint them now you'll never know how they looked in silver..

Just my 2p's worth..

Dan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116362

Stuart - I think you will find I was second refusal!!

These were just up the road from me in Lincoln (a 30 mile round trip compared to your 300 Adrien - actually about 50 miles round for Mick so I'm surprised he was not off there like a shot...) and I thought about it for some time...only thing that put me off was I was never keen on the Cargraphics on my 993 C2S..the outer rim sticks out from the tyre and they did corrode around the fixings quite badly...well like all 3 piece splits I suppose.

In the end I decided for the same money I could get my mk1 wheels refurbed 4 times....and since the RS has gone bright orange I can see varying colours coming onto the 3 also!

Good price though Ade, enjoy!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116368

Jason, the early CG used alloy outers which were diamond turned then clear lacquered. Latest CG use stainless steel outers and are much more resilient to corrosion. As you say the trouble with alloy outers (ie. most 3 piece wheels) is the corrosion, all it takes is a small breach of the lacquer and corrsion sets in and under the sound lacquer. The only option is to remove the outer rim, remove the lacquer, have them polished and then reassemble but without applying any lacquer. Admittedly you have to keep the surface clean and regularly hand polished, but it can be done if you're commited and you car is not a daily driver (and these wheels are NEVER used in winter). The stainless solution however sorts this out perfectly....

I bought a set of CG last year, they are the early version with alloy outers, but I'll be refurbing them and using them for summer use only. Hopefully I'll get a chance to sort them out this spring.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116375

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by jg on 11 February 2007the outer rim sticks out from the tyre and they did corrode around the fixings quite badly...well like all 3 piece splits I suppose.

Not if the correct size tyre is used for the rim width: 235 and 295s. The tyre sits perfectly with the rim and the tyre protector edges out wider than the rim like they are supposed to. The bolts on these are in excellent condition and don't show signs of corrosion. These exact wheels were actually on sale last year in May when the seller sold his GT3 and have been stored since then. No one bought them last year, and I was really lucky to find them still for sale this time around.

The stainless rims are a work of art: they remind me of the uber-stainless cookware! :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116376

Ade, I think Jason's were 19s.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116378

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by jg on 11 February 2007

well I got this email from the seller

Hi

We do still have the wheels at the moment, however we are expecting a guy to
come & buy them this weekend.

If that changes for any reason and the wheels are still are available, we
will contact you to let you know

Kind regards

But pretty irrellevant now as Mr Manthey has defected :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116383

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 11 February 2007

Defected?!?!? :eek:

StarWarsV01.jpg

Darth Olaf ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116391

Trust me, if I could justify the budget, I'd be over those MM2s like a bad rash... :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116393

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 11 February 2007
Defected?!?!? :eek:

Manthey car flirts with Cargraphics,

<doesimpressionofdarthvader>

Olaf will not be pleased, you are all too easily distracted by the dark side, sell them to me........you will give them to me......young Obiwan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116395

only one set on and one set off, You?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116400

only one set on and one set off! So why did you want ANOTHER set? That's just being greedy. :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116401

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by poon on 11 February 2007

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by jg on 11 February 2007

well I got this email from the sellerHiWe do still have the wheels at the moment, however we are expecting a guy tocome & buy them this weekend.If that changes for any reason and the wheels are still are available, wewill contact you to let you knowKind regardsBut pretty irrellevant now as Mr Manthey has defected :wink:

As did I word for word...so I guess we were all second refusal!

I still think I'd have refused so you're welcome to 2nd spot :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116409

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kashmir
Back