Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Parts stolen as of this morning or late last night

Problem is they will probably have a walk back in a couple of weeks time. Try finding another parking spot. Security screws are a good idea but they will just damage the parts trying to get them off. Fit a camera, dummy or real in a visible place if possible. Sorry to be so negative.

The most frustrating thing was that the mirrors lenses on the back were both cracked so why take those? The mirrors were also not perfect (and the fact they are LHD set up so why bother?). Fronts were in good condition.

Did you buy the left hooker from 911virgin? That looked like a lovely example with all the right options ticked!

pierrebear said:
Did you buy the left hooker from 911virgin? That looked like a lovely example with all the right options ticked!

That's right! She was a real diamond in the rough. After a few good cleans and a bit of detailing she's coming up quite lovely!

Were you going to purchase?

It was a tricky one. I've probably already gone too far into my own 993 in terms of sorting out suspension etc. It's also super expensive to import them and get them re-registered due to taxes and so on. That having been said, I really like the idea of an LHD one though as almost all my fun driving is on the continent.

That one at that price really caught my attention though! Congrats on the purchase and sorry to hear about the scum stealing your parts.

A pair of silver cup mirrors have recently gone on ebay from London seller.

If it's the same seller that I've seen, one of the mounts has clearly broken off the base of the passenger side mirror so it's now of no use to anyone.

@neunneundrei. I'll PM you the seller's details. The passenger side mirror has a very distinctive pattern on the edge of the casing.

Might have missed something, but isn't the silver car LHD, and therefore a different mirror? Weren't drivers and passengers mirrors different?

It could help identify the git if they are different part numbers to an RHD passenger mirror if you get what I mean.

Sutton said:
If it's the same seller that I've seen, one of the mounts has clearly broken off the base of the passenger side mirror so it's now of no use to anyone.

@neunneundrei. I'll PM you the seller's details. The passenger side mirror has a very distinctive pattern on the edge of the casing.

Thanks mate! I'll take a look! :cop:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ors97
Back