Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Paint code request: That nice solid grey colour

martin t

Nurburgring
Can anyone help with the paint code for the rather nice solid grey colour?

My friend wants to paint his newly rebuilt rover Porsche grey.

Sounds easy, go to paint shop ask for colour swatch, buy paint go home, paint car.

But no: What is the paint code sir?

Don't you have it?

No.

What about swatches?

No we don't do that any more.

What!!!!!

Happened at 2 paint shops so can any one help with a code. I am sure there is more than 1 solid grey colour but it is a start.

Thanks in anticipation.

Find a Porsche in the colour you want

Ring local OPC and buy a touchup. (OPC will get the code from the registration number of the car)

Easiest thing to do is take them something the colour you want they will colour match it for you.

As you're asking on the 996 sub-forum I'm assuming you might mean this colour.

NW11.jpg

If so , it's Seal Grey and the paint code is L6B4

Is that a metallic or solid colour?, Looks nice, could i have the paint code?

I think it is also on early 997's.

What did come across from out visits to the paint shops is that most 'nice' cars are metallic, and he wants a plane solid for this rover P5

RE Going to an opc: He has been to Hatfield and to East london but there were no grey colours to be seen.

Nevertheless, thanks for the responses.

By the way... your friend is not John Major is he? Just going on the image of a grey rover P5 :)

martin t said:
Is that a metallic or solid colour?, Looks nice, could i have the paint code?

I think it is also on early 997's.

What did come across from out visits to the paint shops is that most 'nice' cars are metallic, and he wants a plane solid for this rover P5

It's metallic Seal Grey and as I said before the paint code is L6B4.

It was also used on early 997s.

You won't find a solid (non-metallic) grey water cooled 996 or 997. There were several greys - eg. slate and meteor- but all were metallic.

I'll move this thread to the 'General Porsche Chatter' sub-forum where you'll get a more appropriate audience.

martin t said:
Can anyone help with the paint code for the rather nice solid grey colour?

My friend wants to paint his newly rebuilt rover Porsche grey.

Which generation of 911 are you referring to? :dont know:

On the latest 992, Crayon is a solid grey.

Attachments

• 20190726_144847_440.jpg
    20190726_144847_440.jpg
    527.2 KB · Views: 1,059
Winny911 said:
By the way... your friend is not John Major is he? Just going on the image of a grey rover P5 :)

Ho ho ho, I will tell him (he is not John Major BTW).

I have passed on the Tweed gret and the RAL swatches are actually the ones he found at a 3rd body shop.

Yes seal grey was the name i had in mind, but i did not know it was a metallic but thanks for refreshing my memory.

I will also pass on the fashion grey name and get him to look it up but the 992 colour is too light.

I think we can leave it there so on his behalf thanks for responding.

In the meantime i will be painting his engine bay starting with a couple of coats of grey high build, and i bet that is the colour he will choose!

Nardo grey looks like what i think he wants.

The other grey is too dark.

To explain a bit more re colour: The darker the colour the mors it will show imperfections in panels, the lighter colour means you can get better results with less panel prep, and since he will be doing the prep himself and the car is a very well used 57 year old every panel has imperfections and it is a huge car, so a lighter grey is what he wants.

But Nardo gey looks good. I suggested he look at Audi colours, they always seem to have hit the nail on the head with their shades, if you know what i mean.

Thanks again.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back