Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OBC temperature display, showing not showing Celsius

Trantorman

Nurburgring
Does anyone know how to change the OBC temperature display to celsius, mine has suddenly started showing Fahrenheit on my C4S.

Any tips appreciated.

Thanks

As far as I know do the 911,964 and 993 OBC tachometer instruments have either Fahrenheit or Celsius display. These instruments are different models. The LCD panel does not have icons/texts for all variants F/C/miles/km.

Cheers,
Tore

Haha!
One side question: I have seen four versions of the OBC tachometer.
°C, kilometers and liter
°F, miles and gallon
Both variants come with and without the Turbo pressure reading option

Do all countries that use miles also use Fahrenheit and gallons? Or should I expect a version with °Celsius, miles and liters?

Cheers,
Tore

The UK version is Celsius, MPG and MPH
US is Fahrenheit, MPG and MPH
Europe is Celsius, K/H and l/100 km

Not sure what the 4th one is?

Thanks.
I assume all three variants also were made with the pressure reading for use in Turbo models. That means that there are probably six variants of these instruments, all with different LCD panel layout and internal components.
Cheers,
Tore

Tore

can you modify a USA spec one to a uk, Fahrenheit to Celsius

I know whats gone on here, jtust now trying to work out how to rectify it, sending it back to the company is not a great option, given whats gone on.

Thanks

I am sorry, it is not possible to change the behaviour or display on these instruments. The LCD panel is different, as well as the components inside (mask-programmed microprocessor)

As a side note, I've done some digging in this, and have found at least 13 variants of the 993 OBC tacho. The are lots of options to combine: GB/US/ROW models, Turbo, 92L tank, Carrera S script as well as a special version with alu dial and chrome inner ring.

I have also found that UK gallons are 20% more than US gallons, which is also taken care of in this instrument. I never stop learning!
(Metric) cheers,
Tore

ToreB said:
I have also found that UK gallons are 20% more than US gallons, which is also taken care of in this instrument. I never stop learning!
(Metric) cheers,
Tore
Thanks to Google:
"In 1824 the British adapted the Imperial measure in which the gallon is based on 10 pounds or 277.42 cubic inches of water. The Americans had adopted a system where a gallon was comprised of 231 cubic inches of water"

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
e46m3
Back