Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Number plate Auction re 991 S

chicb

Monza
Latest DVLA auction starting Wednesday has 991 S for sale, starting price £2500

Re: Number plate Auction

chicb said:
Latest DVLA auction starting Wednesday has 991 S for sale, starting price £2500

Sweet, might buy it for my 911 :lol:

Unless you get really lucky, almost everything goes for way over the start price. Especially in these crazy times when cars, houses and every other commodity is going nuts.

You can get lucky with your initials as it all depends how many other folk with your initials are looking that month, but generic car ones see a fair bit of bidding.

I reckon 991S will go for £5k+ minimum. Might be worth it on a £60k car, if a 991S is worth £60k? Trouble is when the cars drop to £25k will someone still pay £5k for a reg for it?

There aren't many in this months auction for me. There are none with my initials on.
I've got 3 on my watch list, which I won't say what they are.

There was a nice one last month 19 MDW which I was watching. Start price was £1200. I'd have gone to £2700. It went for £3910 plus fees which adds about another £1k.

I think it will go for 5 figures. Reg transfers has 991P on for £35000. Would not surprise me if they are in for this.

These private plate companies are such parasites, just like the ticket companies that are able to make exorbitant profits by adding zero value! They have almost killed buying plates for reasonable money :pc:

I would expect this plate to make north of £10k, mostly because it's a short form plate and could really be used on any car.

£5210 already, auction just started today & has till next Tuesday to run

I've bought a number of GPM plates from the auction - managed to get 993GPM for £1260 plus bits - so just goes to show who you're bidding against!
Graham

chicb said:
Finished at £20220 :eek: & I was going to bid :?:
Absolute madness! :?
Could have used the ££ for something useful

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Will.i.am911