Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

NO SOUND - bose system - cayenne 2012

wakkaday

hi guys

i have a 2012 porche cayenne

now not sure if its related, the cigarette lighter wasnt working and i replaced the fuse and it began to work i temporary swapped the below fuses - as i didnt have a spare

38 Cigarette lighter, storage tray socket, socket under glove box 15 39 Rear sockets, socket in luggage compartment 15

(i did not check the audio at that time) but the next day when i switched on the car i was getting no sound from the stereo, i put the switch back as they were - but the issue still is the same

i have checked the two other fuses related to the pcm stereo and the bose system

13 Subwoofer (Bose/Burmester) 30

and

51 2011-2016: PCM 3.1, radio, navigation system (Japan)

these seem fine

is there anything i can try ?

One word of warning, often fuses do a lot more than the book claims.

My air suspension fault turned out to be because a former owner or mechanic has nicked the fuse for "heated headlight washer nozzles", which unbeknown to me, also powered the air suspension control panel.

Having experienced something similar when I installed a front and rear dashcam to my 958, I would suggest disconnecting the battery, replacing the two fuses you swapped with two new / unused fuses of the correct ampage and then reconnecting the battery. This procedure working for me.

Pops said:
Having experienced something similar when I installed a front and rear dashcam to my 958, I would suggest disconnecting the battery, replacing the two fuses you swapped with two new / unused fuses of the correct ampage and then reconnecting the battery. This procedure working for me.

thanks

let me have a go...

now just got to work out how to disconnect the battery - will google

wakkaday said:
Pops said:

thanks

let me have a go...

now just got to work out how to disconnect the battery - will google

Make sure you move the passenger seat back as far as it will go! :salut:

you don't have to touch the battery there is a link in front of the seat you just break the negative.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
e46m3
Back