Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Newbie to the subsection with a purchace, purists look away.

Hi, just seen this I think it looks superb! Have fun, yes the steering wheel paddle switch is the best mod you can do and pretty simple. Enjoy the car :thumb:

Congratulations! Funny how things work out, I never intended to buy one Of The cars I went to see once, ended up falling in love with it kept it 7 years..

With the stereo, the door speakers are woofers/subs only when oem setup, they are normally fed off an oem amp which is also a crossover like m3 hk systems. They also have funny impedance.

If the previous owner has just wired up the oem speakers bypassing the oem amp it will probably sound a bit poo, or if the oem speakers have had it.

The door speakers you can replace with full range aftermarket jobs for decent sound with that setup, replacing the dash and rear speakers is a ball ache :check some threads, I've done it but there was very little difference in SQ over working oem. I'd only bother if yours have had it.

The Android type heads may not nessisarily have great onboard amplifiers, especially if wired up to the low impedance door speakers too. a decent aftermarket amp in the frunk could help, I would think in terms of running the oem dash and rears off the head unit and full range aftermarket door speakers off an amp.

Thanks Asterix,

They were my thoughts, although I'll try and amp up the OE door bass units first and change them if needed.

Was the OE amp in the frunk or under a seat?

The amp is usually in the frunk, along with the disch-changer if it had one.
My amp is just by the scuttle and has a BOSE logo on it.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ors97
Back