Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Newbie says hi...eventually

jonttt said:
Welcome out of the shadows :thumb:

Look like you have the big ovals fitted as well :?:

Thanks Jontt. I always thought that the big ovals were part of the Motorsound Pack - were they a different option code or an accessory?

Thanks Graemeho - no spacers, standard factory set up

Big Ovals are a dealer supplied accessory sold under the Porsche Tequipment brand.

Lots of talk about what is/isn't in the motorsound pack. There is the motorsound chrome inlet air box cover, sport sound exhaust silencers, and polished versions of the standard Exhaust Tips.

My understanding is that UK cars with the pack only got the tips and the air box cover. The exhaust silencers seem to have only been available to the North American market.

Big Ovals however are certainly an accessory item. A very nice one at that. Albeit a little easy to scuff.

dommorton said:
Big Ovals are a dealer supplied accessory sold under the Porsche Tequipment brand.

My understanding is that UK cars with the pack only got the tips and the air box cover. The exhaust silencers seem to have only been available to the North American market.

Thanks Dom. - just assumed the exhaust tips I had went with the chrome air box cover. Good to know, cheers :thumb:

Big ovals are great - they project the sound of the exhaust more, like a trumpet effect, they give the exhaust note more character. You're lucky to have them.

I'm probably wrong, but my old 993 had these fitted as a factory option I'm sure, it was shown on the spec sticker as an x-code item. Maybe I'm wrong though :?:

My current 993 has the Cargraphic versions fitted with the Cargraphic silencers. They're great, but the Porsche ones look nicer and appear nicer made. They don't have the rolled edges of the Cargraphic's for example.

Porsche big ovals - great option to have :thumb:

Nice looking car too - and bloody well done for finding one. Good'uns are hard to find.

Welcome to the forum!

Another nice WB! Polar is great!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoochyTM
Back