Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Newbie GTS

Stevo

Hi all thought I'd say introduce myself and tell how I became the owner of a gorgeous C4GTS. I'm 62 and never really had an interest in Porsches until my sister bought me a track day as a birthday present. I drove a Ferrari R8 Aston and 911 and by miles was the 911 the most fun. So much so I bought some more laps! After that I was hooked. Did lots of research on what models were out there and what I could ( and couldn't) afford and settled on a 997.2. I went over to the good people of Paragon ( who are local to me) chatted and took a test drive. I was looking at a C4S as I like the wide body but they had a red GTS which I couldn't take my eyes off but was more money than I wanted to spend. Went away and kept thinking about it. Went back a week or two later and it had gone but by luck they had just taken in a Meteor grey C4GTS. It was ex Nick Jefferies ( Totall 911) so I had actually read about this car. So I've had a few months now and it's stunning! Thanks sis!

Attachments

• fd494835_90cc_44dc_80f9_d76329ba0a03_127.jpeg
    fd494835_90cc_44dc_80f9_d76329ba0a03_127.jpeg
    490 KB · Views: 1,293
  • 17a756bb_075f_456a_bd9b_6efb87f3ccba_185.jpeg
    17a756bb_075f_456a_bd9b_6efb87f3ccba_185.jpeg
    489.4 KB · Views: 1,292
Nice ride.
Welcome to the forum

Welcome to Porsche ownership and the forum. Thanks for sharing your interesting journey into Porsche ownership and congrats on finding that beauty. :thumb:

:welcome: to 911uk and to 911 ownership Steve.

I know Nick Jeffery quite well and have watched your car in my rear view mirror many times. It's a nice example of a great car and I love the colour.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I've read quite a few threads on here as there's a few mods I want to do ( seatbelts, seatbacks) and it's refreshing to see there's no snidey backbiting on this forum like some I've been on. It's clear everyone is passionate about their cars and sharing their knowledge

Welcome and enjoy every moment! :D

Hi Stevo , thats a very nice car you have there, i'm a big fan of the 997 gts !
What year is your car and which issue of 911 magazine was it in ?

Enjoy your fantastic car !!

Best wishes Cozzy.

Nick Jeffery (Beef 40 on here but a rare poster nowadays) is a 'Living the Legend' columnist in Total 911 and has regularly given updates on this car over the time he had it.

Hi T8 , thank you for your response, its much appreciated.
I'm slightly confused as i have the same car as the op.......997 4Gts in meteor grey . It was also featured in Total 911 magazine (issue 91), this surely can not be a coincidence given how scarce these cars are ?

Regards,

Cozzy.

Best looking 997 in my opinion. Wanted one back in 2012 but ended up with my 997 turbo as the GTS was out of my budget at the time. Timeless looks and I think peak 911 (997).

Congrats on a stunning looking car.

Welcome aboard. Lovely looking car!

cozzy said:
Hi T8 , thank you for your response, its much appreciated.
I'm slightly confused as i have the same car as the op.......997 4Gts in meteor grey . It was also featured in Total 911 magazine (issue 91), this surely can not be a coincidence given how scarce these cars are ?

If Nick's old car (now owned by Stevo) is the one featured in issue 91 (April 2012) Total 911 magazine it would only be by coincidence as Nick didn't buy it until 2018.

Stevo said:
. . . no snidey backbiting on this forum . . .
:floor:
Welcome to the forum. Great car too which I'm sure you will enjoy every minute of. I wish I had been more patient when I bought my .1 C4, as the .2 C4GTS should have been my preferred option!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
concept303
Back