Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Wheels

This is the only non-OEM wheel I've liked enough to consider fitting to a car of mine. Good choice.

They look fantastic can't wait to see them on the car :grin:

New wheels look great. Look forward to seeing them on the car.

When I bought my wheels my local branch of formula 1 did the tyre swap for £40 - bargain!

Wheels fitted :thumb: Really pleased with them, think they suit the car well and could pass for a Porsche design!

Big shout out for the lads at Just Tyres, took them nearly two hours to remove the old wheels, swap the TPMS sensors to the new wheels, fit and balance! Two young lads, really into their cars and took a lot of care, no air tools when near my car, they even re-balanced the old wheels for me, Only £80 too, so they got a good tip :thumb: Recommend them to any members around the Milton Keynes area.

The Michelin PSS feel great too, can't give it too much at the moment but they feel far more grippy than the old Bridgestones, steering feels more precise and much quieter too!

IMG_0173a.jpg

IMG_0151.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0135.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

IMG_0145.jpg

IMG_0159.jpg

IMG_0175.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

[/img]

They do look really nice Rob and suit the car well. :thumb: :thumb:

Phil 997 said:

Cheers Phil :thumb: I think they look nicer in the flesh, they are quite dark sliver from some angles and silvery when they catch the light! Very pleased with them . :D

They look fantastic! :thumbs:

Phil 997 said:

:agree: :goodjob:

A good choice of wheel and colour there. :)

A great looking wheel - very OEM / in keeping with Porsche Design in my book.
Are you thinking of any suspension mods to make the beast hunker down any at all?

Scholester said:
Are you thinking of any suspension mods to make the beast hunker down any at all?

I certainly am :thumb: lowering springs are next on my ever growing list of mods I can't afford :D

Would love to go down the Ohlins route, wished they did an active coil over for the 997!

Girlfriend hasn't noticed the new wheels yet :thumb:

DucatiRob said:
Scholester said:

I certainly am :thumb: lowering springs are next on my ever growing list of mods I can't afford :D

Would love to go down the Ohlins route, wished they did an active coil over for the 997!

Girlfriend hasn't noticed the new wheels yet :thumb:

The majority won't notice a set of adjustable suspension, especially with it in for a service for the "where's the car"? "Oh just in for a service, oil and filters, that sort of thing"!

Phil 997 said:

+1 :thumb:

I'd never have said leggera's for a 911, but they suit it really well.

Slightly OEM+ being a darker shade of grey, Definitely similar to newer generation Porsche wheels

:thumb: :thumb:

neil_911 said:
I'd never have said leggera's for a 911, but they suit it really well.

Slightly OEM+ being a darker shade of grey, Definitely similar to newer generation Porsche wheels

:thumb: :thumb:

Yes, was a bit worried they might look a but un-Porsche, but I think they really suit the car. The silvery, dark grey is quite classy, and will be even better when I can get some wheel caps in a closer matching colour!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back