Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New project 2013 Cayenne

kas750

Zandvoort
Well I finally found a suitable car.
It's a 2013 3.0d with 112,000 miles by its two owners.
It's not my ideal spec but I can work on that.
It's got the heated seats,sat nav,heated screen,folding mirrors and panoramic roof so that's a good start.
I'm planning to vinyl wrap the chrome window surrounds and perhaps fit bigger wheels although the 19" turbo wheels fitted are growing on me a little.
What I must comment on is how well these cars drive.
The steering is razor sharp and it changes direction so well with virtually no body roll.
Incredible really.

Nice :thumb: I also have a 2013 cayenne D and think it's a fantastic bit of kit for all round capability once you figure out the starship button consoles :D

Yes the interior is a nice place to be and still so current looking.
It's hard to believe it was launched 12 years ago

Latest update is that I have had the stainless steel window and door trims wrapped in gloss back and tinted the rear lights so they are similar to the sport design lights.
A big improvement visually

And all in aid of ruining the ride I have bought some repro wheels and tyres which I will fit in springtime.
I am keeping them dry and warm in my hallway
#singlelife :grin:

I had my Cayenne remapped a few weeks ago and the increase in torque has given it some serious shove!
Along with an average 37mpg over the 4 thousand miles covered means I'm absolutely thrilled with the Panzer.

kas750 said:
I had my Cayenne remapped a few weeks ago and the increase in torque has given it some serious shove!
Along with an average 37mpg over the 4 thousand miles covered means I'm absolutely thrilled with the Panzer.

Something has to give here. If you could just put a different map on it to gain both MPG and 60bhp, with no ill effects, Porsche would have done it.

What is it, emissions which increase? Will it struggle with an MOT emissions test, or can one of the various emissions cheat bottles of fuel additive get it through? Or is it longevity of the engine and transmission which are shortened?

Looks smart, I think these look better now than when they where new :thumb:

Looks great. Didn't realise you had your own thread here with your car until I seen your username posting on my thread! Wheels and black trim make a massive difference.

I was originally looking at 958s as my plan was to sell my Golf (the newer car I have) and get one but I was worried the dog would destroy it over time and the money wasted hence the reason to go for an older, cheaper Cayenne. I keep getting drawn back to the 958s though, such a great looking car and the interior is streets ahead of the 955/957 still looking very current today. My concern with the 958 was that I'd only be able to afford a diesel and with my budget an early car so Euro 5. Now that LEZs are more prevalent I was worried that the government would be trying to start getting cars like this off the road but maybe this is a while off still. I don't live in an LEZ but it would be my luck I'd get one then the local village would be in a zone and off limits.

IMI A said:
I love these. Would love a turbo s

Or in a 955, a lot of 06 plated Turbo's have the E81 Powerkit option, which makes them pretty much a Turbo S other than the TPS. Towards the end of a model range, Porsche often clear the last of the stock by throwing spec at them. In a lot of countries, these are knows as Turbo WLS models - 'Werksleistungssteigerung' (factory power increase).

If your car has this £15K (I guess, as it was almost $20,000 in the US) option, they also have to be specced the "19 Inch brakes", known as that's the smallest wheel that fits around them.

If you see any Turbo's with the larger front brakes, chances are it will have the E81 option code and be pretty high spec and more of less a Turbo S without the badge for less money. :thumb:

First time I’ve seen this thread Ady. I hope you’re well?

That’s a great looking Cayenne. Proof if it were needed that wheels make the car.
I always say wheels and ride height actually, but I can’t tell if you’ve altered the height, or if it’s on air, or if it’s just the bigger wheels making it look so much better. Either way, what a difference!

Good job on the details too. I like the de-chromed parts and the puddle lights are a nice touch.

Nailed it. :thumb:

Marky911 said:
First time I’ve seen this thread Ady. I hope you’re well?

That’s a great looking Cayenne. Proof if it were needed that wheels make the car.
I always say wheels and ride height actually, but I can’t tell if you’ve altered the height, or if it’s on air, or if it’s just the bigger wheels making it look so much better. Either way, what a difference!

Good job on the details too. I like the de-chromed parts and the puddle lights are a nice touch.

Nailed it. :thumb:

I'm good thanks Mark.Had my knee swapped out last year for a new one and that's doing well and I'm mountain biking again so I'm a happy lad.

Yes really pleased with the car.I thought I wanted to go full GTS but I think its where it needs to be right now.
Its not on air and its rides dreamy on coils tbh.Or at least compared to what I'm used to!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back