Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New member hello

IMI A said:
dph928 said:
IMI A said:
Here is when owner nos 2 bought your old car - you can trace back a lot of the cars history from his old posts if ever bored. Your turbo really well looked after and unicorn spec. Result :wink:

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?p=470507&highlight=#470507

Yip, pretty sure you're right. The file does have a Martin in it :)

Really pleased with it. The only thing I'm not keen on is the clutch. Definitely going to do the GT2 upgrade.

Agree re clutch the hydraulic system a bit too light and seems difficult to modulate at first but you do get used to it. I'd try a real GT2 clutch before you do the GT2 mod as the clutch does become pretty heavy and a bit of a chore in traffic.

Enjoy in good health thats a fantastic spec turbo you've picked up. Oh and try your best not to visit 9e they'll empty your wallet.

Mine started off as normal turbo just like yours. Then I met 9e and Ken :grin:

That's always a risk :). Mine won't be a daily driver, but I think the assisted slave in combo with an uprated clutch seems to make consistent engagement tricky. Maybe I should give it a bit longer though! What a cool colour your car is!!!

It may even be a fault with clutch master or slave cylinders. You're welcome to pop over to Herts and try mine. Its a Sachs 890nm in mine. My ones bite point arguably a little high and reverse truculuant but these are features of Sachs 890nm I have installed. I'm running 700bhp so this type of after market clutch without a hydraulic system you'd need to have Linford Christie thighs and calfs to operate. Mine would be even heavier than a stock GT2 clutch. Think the GT2 clutch has now been superseded by the GT2 RS clutch as an aside.

IMI A said:
It may even be a fault with clutch master or slave cylinders. You're welcome to pop over to Herts and try mine. Its a Sachs 890nm in mine. My ones bite point arguably a little high and reverse truculuant but these are features of Sachs 890nm I have installed. I'm running 700bhp so this type of after market clutch without a hydraulic system you'd need to have Linford Christie thighs and calfs to operate. Mine would be even heavier than a stock GT2 clutch. Think the GT2 clutch has now been superseded by the GT2 RS clutch as an aside.

Appreciate the offer, I'll definitely keep that in mind. Mine also has the 890nm clutch installed. I'm finding the biting point isn't consistent and it's quite hard to lift off smoothly. I do get judder in reverse (my drive is quite a slope) but I think that's normal.

Do you think it's worth servicing the slave and replacing the accumulator first?

Its really hard to tell without trying your clutch or vice versa. The reverse being truculent normal with an 890nm. These Sachs 890nm clutch are definitely more difficult to modulate than the stock turbo clutch. I almost regard the slave and accumulator as consumables TBH so may well be worth a try before ditching the hydraulics.

The hydraulic clutch is quite an imprecise clutch action out of the factory on turbo and many turbo owners do get rid of the hydraulics in order to get a more consistent bite point.

IMI A said:
Its really hard to tell without trying your clutch or vice versa. The reverse being truculent normal with an 890nm. These Sachs 890nm clutch are definitely more difficult to modulate than the stock turbo clutch. I almost regard the slave and accumulator as consumables TBH so may well be worth a try before ditching the hydraulics.

The hydraulic clutch is quite an imprecise clutch action out of the factory on turbo and many turbo owners do get rid of the hydraulics in order to get a more consistent bite point.

I think I'll try and get my hands on the GT2 conversion. I'll keep and rebuild the existing slave as a spare (or if I don't like the conversion). I'll be putting the car away this month until spring :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andewcb
Back